This a bad price ?

John j

Mono Don
French doors to plaster in if ye want it lol.
Been sat with me coat on peg waiting for this ffs
Screenshot_20190207-193049_Samsung Internet.jpg

satan

Not been on site in a while . Always do domestic now but it’s looking quiet at moment . Thinking of going back house bashing . A mate of mine just skimmed a two bed plot for £770 took around 18 bags . That sound about right . He’s not sure of his sqm price . It took 2 of them 2.5 days to skim it . Not great is it .
But why did you get that money? Who priced job etc?

Djr

I was even looking into Tendering for some new Build sites but for what i can gather Time you’ve paid out lads and materials you average £400 a plot . Is it worth all the hassle and stress .
Is it fuk worth it . There's too many bellends out there creating a right fukin g mess lol

lurpak

Artex Boy
I.m moving to birmingham
Im not from brum. About half hour away. I do alot of work there tho. You won’t get 750 a living room in most areas in brum. Most of its a shithole.

Just skimmed a private retirement home flats artex ceilings for £1500 in mosley tho. 3 days. Well 1 n 2 half days. Got another 2 of them booked in nosey neighbors want flat smooth ceilings tio

Djr

There's too many c**ts sticking there fork out for doing Fuk all at big plastering outfits. Always has been always will be

megamix

French doors to plaster in if ye want it lol.
Been sat with me coat on peg waiting for this ffsView attachment 31652
Thanks f
There's too many c**ts sticking there fork out for doing Fuk all at big plastering outfits. Always has been always will be
I always get this Andy g syndrome when I’ve not got a months work booked up in front of me. Start panicking then phone starts ringing and before you know it your turning jobs away . Im
Trying my best to Avoid going back on site just in case I get stuck on them

John j

Mono Don
@megamix you be rammed again next week . Always a slow down in Jan Feb. Then one big job comes in and he stressing not enough hours in day

Djr

I know that many site lads who've gave up trying to make it pay on site and work on £130 a day.

It's gone bad for all trades.
If you've been plodding round on domestics for years then house bashing would destroy most of them . I'm used to it as you are and it's the norm for us and many other lads. It takes years of getting used to .

megamix

I know that many site lads who've gave up trying to make it pay on site and work on £130 a day.

It's gone bad for all trades.
Is sad really . I always believe you get paid what your worth . Never been shy of a good hard days work . But it’s starting to take the piss now . Before you know it they’ll be blaming brexit .

lurpak

Artex Boy
Some of you would throw up if see what I earn. If you’re not earning decent money doing this shitty trade then do something else ffs

lurpak

Artex Boy
Not been on site in a while . Always do domestic now but it’s looking quiet at moment . Thinking of going back house bashing . A mate of mine just skimmed a two bed plot for £770 took around 18 bags . That sound about right . He’s not sure of his sqm price . It took 2 of them 2.5 days to skim it . Not great is it .
770 each?

algeeman

It’s A Boy
Is sad really . I always believe you get paid what your worth . Never been shy of a good hard days work . But it’s starting to take the piss now . Before you know it they’ll be blaming brexit .
I know lads who earn a killing aswell.
It's down to your skill set at the end of the day.

lurpak

Artex Boy
I know lads who earn a killing aswell.
It's down to your skill set at the end of the day.
To earn a killing you have to kill yourself it seems. What’s a killing on site skimming? £1500 a week? Would need to be £30k a week to justify how f**k*d your body will end up

megamix

2 brother's own a small drylining firm in Cumbria bought 2 new McLaren's a few years ago.
That's money mate.
That’s contracting for you . Like i say I’ve thought about it . I’ve got the contacts and some money behind me to give it a go but I don’t deal well with stress . Couldn’t cope with lads moaning . Site Managers moaning . Putting s**t work right etc.. I wouldn’t sleep at night .

algeeman

It’s A Boy
That’s contracting for you . Like i say I’ve thought about it . I’ve got the contacts and some money behind me to give it a go but I don’t deal well with stress . Couldn’t cope with lads moaning . Site Managers moaning . Putting s**t work right etc.. I wouldn’t sleep at night .
It's tough at the top lol