Thistle Pro Pure

Members online

Don’t know mate, did read it’s available all across Europe though so you probably have it named differently maybe
It takes voc out of the air in rooms if that helps
We have stuff in blue blags that supposed to set in 2hours too it's been around for 7-8 years, no idea the science of it though.

It's a gyproc Ireland product, fa to do with bg, far as I'm aware. Although they are owned by that Saint Gobain as well I think.

Don’t know if anyone can tell difference of the quality of gear but it’s as close as I could get to show anyone interested
From first flatten to nearly there and done
56C51889-8744-4F77-946D-02FDE4B7DE36.jpeg
0BC60C0F-054E-4F89-BA36-ABB647A504F3.jpeg
3B2C0833-AE20-43D5-99E9-AA40DB1E6245.jpeg
FDF556D9-D389-4E79-B571-BC1A2A678A23.jpeg
FEDF098E-5CF7-46DA-A53D-05D511185A59.jpeg
AFCD51AD-96E3-4516-B43E-7E87F5E26E9B.jpeg
3F317945-C226-4979-8B3B-6C684042925D.jpeg
6720707A-96A5-418E-A21C-7FB96D4FCFDF.jpeg

Off topic but skimming related
Just out of intrest all the guys that went to the airless plaster day how many have used it since?

Off topic but skimming related
Just out of intrest all the guys that went to the airless plaster day how many have used it since?
@scottie5 has led the way mate he’s doing some and clemo already used it before, me and Zolco have a job lined up in May to use but for me unfortunately I think they will be few and far between as none of my jobs have large long spaces to go at which tbf is when it looks like comes into it’s own

I've not done anything with the airless just yet, apart from buying the machine and tools in, the list seems endless tbh, so as the options for materials used.
Would be nice jumping on with someone for a week to see how they do it in real life from start to finish.

I've not done anything with the airless just yet, apart from buying the machine and tools in, the list seems endless tbh, so as the options for materials used.
Would be nice jumping on with someone for a week to see how they do it in real life from start to finish.

What machine did you get?

Yeah the spending it doesn't seem to stop at just the machine.
All I keep hearing is her shouting about how "you've been plastering nearly 30 years surely you must have enough fckin tools by now".
And "Hooowwww bloody muuchhh?, 500 quid for a fckin Hoover", "are you mental?".
:frenetico:

Mark V but still have wet dreams about the swing airless, less to go wronf with that I reckon

I just assumed that knauf buying gracos for demos and training when they own pft and could have the swing for free spoke volumes?.

Reactions: Djr
I just assumed that knauf buying gracos for demos and training when they own pft and could have the swing for free spoke volumes?.
I think it's just down to the stupid h&s 110v malarkey, and not to mention the difference in price, you can buy 2 Graco for the price of a swing.

All I keep hearing is her shouting about how "you've been plastering nearly 30 years surely you must have enough fckin tools by now".
I agree, easy to say get a machine, but then you still need sander, extractor etc, neverending spending spree, I blame @Vincey not making the thistle spray work

I agree, easy to say get a machine, but then you still need sander, extractor etc, neverending spending spree, I blame @Vincey not making the thistle spray work
I blame pft, mtec,graco,knauf,bg,vimark for not sorting even better systems than are still available now , tried my hardest , and still think all of them could of and should of done loads better and more by now
:llorando:
Just to add if I ever get managing director roll at either, a lot would change really quick :numberone:
Power to the plasterers

Hahahahshs

Tbf and this is purely based on observations I’ve made over the last 6 months, I don’t think it will , most of these guys who have or are getting into it aren’t two bit 21 year old fresh out of a weeks course on plastering , in fact there the exact opposite, tradesman that have been in game for a long time and already know there s**t , it’s classic example on this thread even that 2 very good plaster materials being discussed but how many would actually make the effort and go to the trouble of sourcing them and actually using them , I’d bet £15 probably less than 20 or even 10 % , besides the odd painter that might take the 8 - 10k plunge id guess any airless users will stay with the more experienced plasterers in the future that may change but I doubt it would for many years tbf

Tbf and this is purely based on observations I’ve made over the last 6 months, I don’t think it will , most of these guys who have or are getting into it aren’t two bit 21 year old fresh out of a weeks course on plastering , in fact there the exact opposite, tradesman that have been in game for a long time and already know there s**t , it’s classic example on this thread even that 2 very good plaster materials being discussed but how many would actually make the effort and go to the trouble of sourcing them and actually using them , I’d bet £15 probably less than 20 or even 10 % , besides the odd painter that might take the 8 - 10k plunge id guess any airless users will stay with the more experienced plasterers in the future that may change but I doubt it would for many years tbf

Quitr an interesting point

Only if you go out and buy new does it cost anywhere near 6 grand.

Mark V can be had second hand for 1500 easily. They are bomb prof with very few parts to ever go wrong.

New Evo sander and vac under 400 quid.

6" blade £15

16" s*p*r*lex trowel £25

Sanding pad 65p

Would not take long to cover your costs

Last edited:
I've completed a 4x4m test room in airless on new board, I'm pleased with the finish it is flawless, but then it will be, your just piling on a surface filler then flattening it back with a big mechanical sander, no talent needed.
I'm waiting on the Graco APX to be released over here, then we can get going properly.

I've completed a 4x4m test room in airless on new board, I'm pleased with the finish it is flawless, but then it will be, your just piling on a surface filler then flattening it back with a big mechanical sander, no talent needed.
I'm waiting on the Graco APX to be released over here, then we can get going properly.

your sun room all finished now?

I agonized over whether to wait for a look at the apx or get the mark 5 I'm just bloody impatient lol.
How did you get on with the the prep Glenn?.
Think i need the village idiot to go do it for me cause what ever why you look at it it's a bit of a chore.
Suppose I could spunk another grand or 2 on some mechanical jointing kit to speed things up a bit.
Then 35k for a new-ish sprinter to fit it all In :crying: