Thistle Undercoats Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Least we can still have a laugh , all the debate in the other thread , no one has a word but the government haha . I think ur canny for a londoner ;-)

Rarely use lightweight backing plaster seem to always go with s and c maybe coz of the properties I work on mostly. You can skim next day so no probs, and cheaper with no chance of catching rising damp when the customer goes on holiday :)

The only down side of s+c is the mixing and variations of sand in the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rarely use lightweight backing plaster seem to always go with s and c maybe coz of the properties I work on mostly. You can skim next day so no probs, and cheaper with no chance of catching rising damp when the customer goes on holiday :)
Shouldn't really set next day tho should ya:tarjetaroja:

From the East Midlands near Leicester not quite as far north as you.newcastle area?i worked there once they knocked an estate down on a big slope I think It was scottswood but may be wrong.
The whole fu cking place needs knocking down:D

The hassle with mixing I find is putting the mixer somewhere.

Sand differs within 10-15miles. We always try to stick to the same but now always possable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tough coat is sexual. To spray and hand apply. Just no1 seems to stock it

Great, glad you like ToughCoat. What do you use when you can’t get hold of it? And why do you think ToughCoat is better? Also lets us know where you are and we might be able to point you to a stockist nearby if we know one!

Why cant you make bonding for high suction? I will buy a bag of bonding before I would even consider hardwall or tough coat because it has all the uses, fair enough it will pull in quicker on normal brick but if you control the suction it's fine. I wouldn't recommend floating a whole room with it cause the others are nice to use. The new bonding isn't as sticky and a bit more like hard wall but ok to use and what's the point of browning these day? Combine all the plasters so you only need one also what's the crack with the new drywall adhesive?

Thanks for the info @flynnyman. We are looking at our range at the moment so this info is really useful. We do know that differences in suction and the substrates you have to apply them to make it very difficult to get one product to cover all of them with same consistency, so we have developed the current products to be able to cover these. Bonding is perfect on medium to low suction while HardWall and Browning are better on higher suction areas. HardWall is also a bit more durable (hence the name).

No doubt we will have some new products in the future so watch this space for developments!

On the Drywall Adhesive, we have introduced an enhanced product with improved adhesion, easier workability and also a lower odour – it’s just some of the ongoing work we do to improve our products based on the feedback we get

Great, glad you like ToughCoat. What do you use when you can’t get hold of it? And why do you think ToughCoat is better? Also lets us know where you are and we might be able to point you to a stockist nearby if we know one!

Unfortunately I have to use hardwall which i think is gloopy messy crap. Or sand and cement depending on the job.

I like tough coat because firstly it sprays nice. And when hand applied it is like browning without its faults. It's light and airy. It slides of your trowel clean and is easy to rule like browning. But it actually sets hard and doesn't fall off the wall a few years later

Status
Not open for further replies.