tiling

Status
Not open for further replies.

S a plastering

Private Member
got a small toilet room to reboard an the woman wants me to fully tile it im ok a tiling but not done any for a while does anyone know the price i should be charging for this its about 8 squared cheers

Depends on yer speed mate. Do you batern it out or do it in one hit. Plus your gonna have to allow for a sparate day for grouting. Is it just walls or floor as well. how far up the wall?

25 to 30 per sqm somthing around that depending on what tiles thay are.

madmonk said:
got a small toilet room to reboard an the woman wants me to fully tile it im ok a tiling but not done any for a while does anyone know the price i should be charging for this its about 8 squared cheers
just phone up a local tiler up and ask him what his rates are

£60 no chance skim! Hes got to go back the next day to grout! Petrol etc two visits! I charged £80 just for a floor. Took two visits

im telling him its a days work + £60 mats maximum,he can charge what he wants a day mate.
Id want £200 on boards and it would be done by just after lunch.

HI all

My mate is a full time tiler been at it 17 yrs.

In Liverpool he is only able to charge £19 per sq m and he supplies the sticky and grout at that price.

He is not very busy either :mad:

Hope that helps

i dont charge by the metre for tiling, same as i dont charge by the metre for skimming...
it aint newbuild, every jobs different, depends on the size of the tiles, amount of cuts / beads / borders / sh't in the way ::)
flatness of substrate...
attitude of customer ;)

on a different note can up tile straght over them plastic tiles they have on the floor in council houses.
is it thermo plastic tiles or something

i'd latex it and tile straight over it but im a c**t... done it before and they stayed put...
gypbond em before you latex it if you like, bet they wont move....

no mate you cant,best to get rid of them using a heat gun only takes a few minutes.
Also they can contain asbestos too!!!!!

i'm with chris fire them down over the top. just wanted to no if they would stay down or not.

it is in my mates house after all he just wants a cheap job

Status
Not open for further replies.