Ting behind a log burner

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

User___removed

I have bought a log burner and am putting a split slate tile behind.what would be the best adhesive to use due to the heat from the burner?
Cheers

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

As a fellow log burner ! Spent ages repointing behindfireplace clean brick of etc then put burner in can hardly see it the back of it ! Unless you can see enough of it once fire is in you might be wasting time and money . Good luck its worth the hassle ! Ive just left the room its 26 to hot!

I have built a heat shield with backer board so want to do things by the book as it's costing me a few grand!!!

Fair point bobby why dont you just tile at the sides ofthe fire whereyou might see! Its 26 in the room and my missus still isnt stripping I mean what do have to do!

i shall try this one next time i run out of rohypnol

Where would I get some roofees,it can take a bit of time to hypnotise ,with dangling watches and whale music,it would be just easier to put it in a Horlicks or something lol

As a fellow log burner ! Spent ages repointing behindfireplace clean brick of etc then put burner in can hardly see it the back of it ! Unless you can see enough of it once fire is in you might be wasting time and money . Good luck its worth the hassle ! Ive just left the room its 26 to hot!

Totally agree, I just put a sheet of Superlux board or similar behind my stove and painted it with black heatproof paint from B&Qs.

I open up quite a few old fireplaces in farm cottages for log burners and generally all but a very few just get rendered with S&C and the customer paints whatever colour they want.

It's a free standing log burner so the wall behind will be on show.ended up buying bal

Status
Not open for further replies.