Tips!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.B

My faith in human nature has been restored!
Did a job a couple of weeks ago and had not invoiced them as yet as in up to my eyes in work and behind with the paperwork. Anyway the fella rings me up last night and asks how much he owes me and can he borrow my cemet mixer. So I said "yes no problem it's £700 and you are welcome to borrow my mixer, il drop it round tomorrow after work".
So I call round tonight on the way home dropped the mixer off, had a bottle of beer with the guy and he gives me an envelope and says "there's a bit in there for you to have a beer or two and thanks for the good job, il sort you out a few more drinks when I've finished with the mixer".
Got home and opened the envelope and he's put in a £100 tip!
Could do with that every week!

If every customer was like that, we'd all b millionaires, unfortunately carlsberg don't do....

thats good mate. hundred quid tip :razz: you obviously got along well with him for him to ask to borrow the mixer. most customers are usually fine. i'm evens on the week. tenner tip on monday. tuesday and wednesday it was the fcuking kumars and ended up knocking forty quid off the bill because the flourescant strip wouldnt work when i put it back and she was going to hold my money in abeyance until it was sorted. just wanted out of there. then yesterday and todays job a thirty quid tip. its nice when people appreciate it :RpS_thumbup:

nice one @Deri :) he is a good customer to keep happy :) I am sure he will provide you with more work one way or another :)

Last edited:
Did a job a couple of weeks ago and had not invoiced them as yet as in up to my eyes in work and behind with the paperwork. Anyway the fella rings me up last night and asks how much he owes me and can he borrow my cemet mixer. So I said "yes no problem it's £700 and you are welcome to borrow my mixer, il drop it round tomorrow after work".
So I call round tonight on the way home dropped the mixer off, had a bottle of beer with the guy and he gives me an envelope and says "there's a bit in there for you to have a beer or two and thanks for the good job, il sort you out a few more drinks when I've finished with the mixer".

nice 1 :RpS_thumbsup:

has he got a brother/sister in south Yorkshire - requiring any plastering :RpS_lol:

used to get tips quite often, unfortunately they are few and far between these days,, nice when u get one like that

He wants to ride you...

They were a really nice couple, moved down here from Surrey. Gave me a coffe at 10, 1 and 3 o clock every day. He used to be a landscaper before he got the big C. Got better then moved down here. Wants to put a patio down is why he wants my mixer as he sold all his own gear before moving.

Having 2 on the job is easy for the k-dash. One for dash and one for backing coat, just mix what you need when you need.

Ok one is a big old Diesel engine mixer, one is practically dead and not used much and the other is a new belle150 I got last year but don't use much in case it gets nicked off the job.
All accounted for.
I won't buy any more mixers.

I've two, the orange belle that everyone has and the smaller yellow one. My neighbour sold me the small on for fifty quid, he bought it new to build a wall. Googled it and it's around 200 new.

I had a customer give me an old petrol mixer as a tip! if you like last week, it's an old belle with a briggs and stratton 3hp engine put a new spark plug in it and it started 3rd time of asking :RpS_thumbup:

Whilst in oz I was working on a new build rendering in 40oc heat ... the guy was a developer and with it being one of the hottest days he brought a massive hesky piled too the top with beer, beam mixers etc .... Christ that felt like a million pound tip after smashin mud in that heat lol

Its great when you get the nice customers who give you a decent drink because they appreciate the hard work you have put in for them. my most recent was 200 notes for a £2500 job including all mats. I did give her a rough ball park figure to start but within the budget got her 4 rooms coved out and her porch and bathroom plastered all in the same amount . She had been messed about by a few trades so got her a good chippie,plumber and my tiler to get her job sorted out. In the end felt like i ran the job, but i was glad to help her knowing how a few trades had really took the piss. I normally find within 5 minutes of pricing a job you know what type of customer they are. With the ones you know the is no way you will get a drink i tend to add my own into my quote. If you get the job great. if you do not get the work i never let it worry me knowing they are probably gonna be a pain in the arse

Nice to hear Deri. I get the odd extra tenner or twenty when plastering. Not had a tip from any venetian work yet and them customers are the ones with large bank accounts. Got a bottle of beer on a venetian job from the customer once though. Never go round expecting anything but it's nice when it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.