told never use a corner trowel

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find if you work up to 2 or so inches from angle you don't have to use an angle trowel or a brush :RpS_biggrin:

Just get a re***d (loads on here) and tell them that the corners taste like lolly pops when they run there tongue up it it leaves a lovely finish.:RpS_thumbup:

Just get a re***d (loads on here) and tell them that the corners taste like lolly pops when they run there tongue up it it leaves a lovely finish.:RpS_thumbup:

Easy to find them as they're usually licking the windows..

brush wall angles in with a 6" refina, and skim 2" from the ceiling angle and advise punters to get cornice to make good ;)

thistle Bond it or blue grit febond

Whats peoples preference thistle bond it or febond blue grit ? used the thistle but going to give blue grit a try as its a bit cheaper, has anyone got any goods or bads about it PLZ:RpS_mellow:

picture.php

When I started my apprenticeship 30 odd years ago the boss bought me a bag of kit then took the angle trowel away and said I could have it back when I was good enough to get my internals square and sharp by just using my trowel.I used to moan a bit seeing the others using a angle trowel and how much easier it was. But what it taught me was not to work away from corners which you see a lot of spreads doing and then creating a slight bend into the corner. Angle trowel all the time now tho.

if you got wet plaster on two walls that meet or ceiling and wall then i use a corner trowel every time, i like the dryliners type

Welcome leebo .:RpS_thumbup:....don't. like the dri lining. corner trowel! The wings are to wide and leave lines .imso .:RpS_biggrin:

Always twitched the internals an the externals in my day . We had all sorts margin trowels ,crossgrain floats, (made from wood) Lath hammers. most of the tools you made yourself. twitchers were made from a piece of copper with a handle welded on or a peice of copper pipe by the plumber. Floats and hawks by the carpenter.boy has the trade changed . We left the tools on the spotboard and the floats in the water tank. boy have times changed . if I had passed a brush down the angle and freeformed them I would have been kicked off the scaffold by the foreman

i use the drylining angle trowel but i cut the corners off in a curve and then sand down,, it stops the corner trowel making the lines in the wet plaster,, twitch every time for me then run a little brush down at the end

Status
Not open for further replies.