Trowel boxes/storage

Members online

MattP1987

Hi guys
Just quick question how your store and transport your trowels.
Been using a home made carrier/case but is bulky and am looking at the putz storage case?

Attachments

• IMG_3306.JPG
    IMG_3306.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 4,014
Some people have festool boxes with foam inners cut specific for each trowel. Time consuming and more for the OCD plasterer but I don't think it could get much better.

Rolling Stanley fatmax chest, great when you need a long stroll from the van to the jobsite

I'm trying to cut back on all the trowels, I was getting quite a collection. I've got a skimming trowel and a rendering trowel and they go in my tool box along with all my other hand tools and on the top tray of the tool box I've got snips ,knife, measuring tape etc nice and dry.

Always hung mine in back doors, find it's the safest place in van especially on Friday van packing days where everything gets chucked inView attachment 16122

Everything else on side wall

View attachment 16123

Have mine in side of van also. Best place for them.

On another note, top pic! Some b*****d tried to brake into my van few weeks ago. Came out to the van in morning and 2 back doors where pulled but they couldn't force it fully open. I bought one of them hasp locks but when marking out to drill the holes, they fall right in at the side of that piece coming down the back doors of the door so couldn't do it right :( I know they aren't full proof but was hoping more of deterrent . 75 euro paid for one :(

Have mine in side of van also. Best place for them.

On another note, top pic! Some b*****d tried to brake into my van few weeks ago. Came out to the van in morning and 2 back doors where pulled but they couldn't force it fully open. I bought one of them hasp locks but when marking out to drill the holes, they fall right in at the side of that piece coming down the back doors of the door so couldn't do it right :( I know they aren't full proof but was hoping more of deterrent . 75 euro paid for one :(
Some people are unbelievable. Only out for own personal gain! A*** holes. They would of sold tools dirt cheap!
Could of cost you jobs, lose of tools, loss of earnings and inconvenience and time to replace tools not to mention breaking them in just the way you like it.

Some people are unbelievable. Only out for own personal gain! A*** holes. They would of sold tools dirt cheap!
Could of cost you jobs, lose of tools, loss of earnings and inconvenience and time to replace tools not to mention breaking them in just the way you like it.

Tell me bout it! I take most in to the house but still lots tools in there that would sting me. Even my stone tool box would have a grand worth the chisels

Tell me bout it! I take most in to the house but still lots tools in there that would sting me. Even my stone tool box would have a grand worth the chisels
I do the same and live in a flat! Hence why I wanted to see how else people store their trowels.

99p builders bucket.

that's genius bud (y).
hopefully I've got a spare bucket somewhere.
And all this time I've been using a lidl carrier bag I feel a bit silly now :(.
still if it's good enough for the painters tool kit.....

KA slurry bucket is the perfect height for up to 18" trowels......tbh I am thinking of getting stackable boxes ..they would fit together with my other tool boxes, and would link together for carrying.

KA slurry bucket is the perfect height for up to 18" trowels......tbh I am thinking of getting stackable boxes ..they would fit together with my other tool boxes, and would link together for carrying.
Got some foam today so going to get a nice solid/drill/tool case to protect them. Especially living in a flat and being paranoid about leaving tools in van over night!

@Pug has got it nailed!!!

I'm in same tramp camp pal lol

1 bucket for wet tools
1 bucket for dry tools

Occasionally try bags out that I see here and there to see if can get away with just 1 bag etc but always end up back to my trusty builder buckets!

There like triggers broom!

@Pug has got it nailed!!!

I'm in same tramp camp pal lol

1 bucket for wet tools
1 bucket for dry tools

Occasionally try bags out that I see here and there to see if can get away with just 1 bag etc but always end up back to my trusty builder buckets!

There like triggers broom!
Tramp camp........lol:risas:

Just let mine dry out on the steering wheel on the way home. Babybel trowel, waiting for the AA today, made a few cock and balls then this!:inocente:

Attachments

• 20170207_165208.jpg
    20170207_165208.jpg
    399.4 KB · Views: 366