Using a fan I'm summer when plastering?

zombie

Private Member
Chaps,

As title just noticed royston using that makita fan anyhows...

Turned up today to an almost deralict 16th century cottage decent ceiling to board & skim and customer tells me none of the windows open in the house WTF!!!

Hottest day of yr you having a laugh!!!

Anyway kindly brought me a fan in and made the room bareable anyway just boarded it and going to skim it tomorrow.

Do you think the fan will send the skim off quicker?

Dunt fuss me if it does I'll just spilt the ceiling and do 2 quick 1coat gauges and blend if so.

I know people always say close windows when skimming to not send gear off to fast but stuff that us fatty s need some air!!!

Zombie

I live n work in southern Spain and no matter how hot if there's a breeze or wind blowing the Windows n doors stay shut. It's not so much sending the gear off quicker it's the fact that it sends areas off quicker like when it's been badly prepped. I.e. Now not only are you sweating yer nuts off you are also moving faster nursing it . Not great.
If client has aircon I have got temp of room down before starting and on last couple of trowels.
Always seem to get plastering jobs in the hottest weeks it ain't fun.

Lol Fatties :wtf: I bet @Pagey was struggling today as well ..

Seriously though zombie I pulled open the doors,windows and doors downstairs today , stuff it I had to breath..:rock:
Funny I was thinking as well while doing it I better be careful
Warm B D . First mix did crack up a bit though , so had to use my innishative to get things spot on and under control. :maraca:
:inocente:

Draft def sets it off and you can get tearing.

Was so hot today we did 2 sets and had a room done by 12.30 !!! How you boys can work on that abroad f**k knows. Sat in the beer garden now though for my pains !! :)

Chaps,

As title just noticed royston using that makita fan anyhows...

Turned up today to an almost deralict 16th century cottage decent ceiling to board & skim and customer tells me none of the windows open in the house WTF!!!

Hottest day of yr you having a laugh!!!

Anyway kindly brought me a fan in and made the room bareable anyway just boarded it and going to skim it tomorrow.

Do you think the fan will send the skim off quicker?

Dunt fuss me if it does I'll just spilt the ceiling and do 2 quick 1coat gauges and blend if so.

I know people always say close windows when skimming to not send gear off to fast but stuff that us fatty s need some air!!!

Zombie

I'd start early say 05:00 and finish early, or have a lie in and start about 22:00 if it's an empty property.

@zombie

I wouldn't advise using it when laying any big areas, I learnt that a couple of years ago, we were rendering a couple of small walls today so it didn't really effect us.

Try and create a cool room for yourself though were you can sit down for 5 and cool off in between trowels. It sounds stupid but trust me its wonderful to chill out in.

I'd start early say 05:00 and finish early, or have a lie in and start about 22:00 if it's an empty property.

Fooook that @imago there's only 1 place for me at 5am and that's still in scratcher!!!lol...

But yeah get yer point its an occupied house so screwed on that 1 bud!

f**k it I'm guna split room and use fan to speed it both gauges and I'll just use spongefloat if it starts to play up!

Can't physically work in that room without some breeze it wa awful today!!!

f**k it I'm guna split room and use fan to speed it both gauges and I'll just use spongefloat if it starts to play up!

Can't physically work in that room without some breeze it wa awful today!!!
I know what you need .. Great for not sweating !
Using a fan I'm summer when plastering?

Bet ive sweated half a stone out 2day..ran out of water at 11 no shop nearby but never gave in! That's wat us site lads are all about not like u domestic pussys moaning its 2 hot wen uve got a bag to put on! :)..

Yeah backs broken mate be on em till I drop now!

@Lodan should get out now!!!

Different for us Lifer's!!! Were past help!!! Lol
Definitely not a job for the faint hearted....today was some tough going and the sets were going off so fast wasvreally havng to shift as well

Definitely not a job for the faint hearted....today was some tough going and the sets were going off so fast wasvreally havng to shift as well

It's a foookin awful, grim, tough job at times @ lodan...

Anyone that tells you different is either lying or hasn't been at it long enough!...

First 5yrs will either make a man of yer or brake yer!!!

Get out while yer can pal!!!

It's a foookin awful, grim, tough job at times @ lodan...

Anyone that tells you different is either lying or hasn't been at it long enough!...

First 5yrs will either make a man of yer or brake yer!!!

Get out while yer can pal!!!
Yeah grim sums up today, so far im living the dream but will report back in another 4 years if it did break me....i can understand how it would get to people after a lot of yeas of doing it

Put on a 30m2 skeiling this time last year in 43-46c one of hottest days of the year mini scaffold, steps and hop up , nearly killed me heart felt like it was gonna thump through my chest. Spent whole of next day in bed.

Ive lost a stone and a half in this first 6 months so in 4 years i'll weigh 2 stone

Yeah backs broken mate be on em till I drop now!

@Lodan should get out now!!!

Different for us Lifer's!!! Were past help!!! Lol

Don't loose hope, you might end up on a beach in Mexico with your mate Andy. (y)

Yeah grim sums up today, so far im living the dream but will report back in another 4 years if it did break me....i can understand how it would get to people after a lot of yeas of doing it

Best advice I could possibly give you pal is to try and just take your jobs/days steady...you will be surprised how quickly the wear and tear creeps up on you once you start over doing it!!!

Then once you've got aches yourbjust nursing them everyday and it soon starts to get yer down!!!

Best advice I could possibly give you pal is to try and just take your jobs/days steady...you will be surprised how quickly the wear and tear creeps up on you once you start over doing it!!!

Then once you've got aches yourbjust nursing them everyday and it soon starts to get yer down!!!
Yeah having a reset when I come back from holiday and managing the schedule better....dont even remember when I last had a day off but as long as I finsh up got the whole weekend off ths week....cant wait

Very true!! My backs fooked and now my knees hurt even when lying in bed at the moment. Off to the chiropractors on Thursday! Normally hells a lot!