Was I right

djfleming22

I was outside a house were I was doing plastering for a builder, you know the rates are piss sometimes but the works there, anyway a couple come up asking if I am plasterer gave them my phone number, they also wanted other work done so introduced them to the builder he got some work from as well ....so contacts me tonight he has done some work in there house and wants me to do the plastering at his rates .....told him he was wrong that he should have told customer to call me for the plastering work as I introduced him .... anyways he said I was being petty ...as you can imagine not doing anything for him again

I was outside a house were I was doing plastering for a builder, you know the rates are piss sometimes but the works there, anyway a couple come up asking if I am plasterer gave them my phone number, they also wanted other work done so introduced them to the builder he got some work from as well ....so contacts me tonight he has done some work in there house and wants me to do the plastering at his rates .....told him he was wrong that he should have told customer to call me for the plastering work as I introduced him .... anyways he said I was being petty ...as you can imagine not doing anything for him again
You’re absolutely bang right that’s builders for you snipe nosed bastards!

f**k that the plastering is yours to price.

Depends if hed already put his price in based on your normal rates with him as part of the package / build etc.

But at the very least he should have looked after you and made the job worth your while!

You should of asked the builder for a price and put your cut on it and get yourself a decent profit out of him as he does on you.

f**k**g cheeky , greedy b*****d ! Tell him get ta f**k !

You should of asked the builder for a price and put your cut on it and get yourself a decent profit out of him as he does on you.
The people had just bought the house that day so they were unsure of what they were doing first etc so I did not find out to later that he had went back round after I left to go home

Builders who f**k do they think they are majority of builders think they now the lot some can't hold hammer I've done this that go on my nerves. Not running the very low percentage of good builders. But Id say thers more knob head builders than good.

Yeah that’s a bit underhanded. He’s not exactly wrong but he certainly isn’t right either! And if you don’t need the work from him then adios amigo!
That builder 100%wrong he should pay him extra for that job. Builders are like mp thinking of ther own pocket.

Cheeky f**k*r . Yes id do the same

builders are b*****d.am working for a builder come plastering firm .I get 250 a meter his joiner get 150 to hang 1 door

£150 to hand one fuckkng door
imo if you’re already on a job for a builder then you should respect that and shouldn’t be putting you’re number out, but if you have recommended that builder to do a job for you then it should be on the understanding that all the Plastering works are given to you privately.

I think the 1st mistake is doing a reduced rate for the builder... I don't care if I plaster for a builder or joe public, i still get my day rate....

imo if you’re already on a job for a builder then you should respect that and shouldn’t be putting you’re number out, but if you have recommended that builder to do a job for you then it should be on the understanding that all the Plastering works are given to you privately.
If I am on a job for a builder I would never give that customer a separate card, but as in this case I writing about this potential customer had nothing to do with him and seen my van outside and asked if I was the plaster which I acknowledged and they asked for my card which I think I am entitled to do, he was also driving his car with no other works van than mine, they had said they had other properties they wanted me to do .....so has now spoken to them and was probably going to ask me to plaster them at his rates keep the rest of the money ....rather than me getting the job myself and getting paid my rates

I was outside a house were I was doing plastering for a builder, you know the rates are piss sometimes but the works there, anyway a couple come up asking if I am plasterer gave them my phone number, they also wanted other work done so introduced them to the builder he got some work from as well ....so contacts me tonight he has done some work in there house and wants me to do the plastering at his rates .....told him he was wrong that he should have told customer to call me for the plastering work as I introduced him .... anyways he said I was being petty ...as you can imagine not doing anything for
builders are b*****d.am working for a builder come plastering firm .I get 250 a meter his joiner get 150 to hang 1 door
front door with furniture/letterplate etc?

You wont get as much for a builder but you wont be running bout for gear or cleaning up etc . He paying you for trowel

If I am on a job for a builder I would never give that customer a separate card, but as in this case I writing about this potential customer had nothing to do with him and seen my van outside and asked if I was the plaster which I acknowledged and they asked for my card which I think I am entitled to do, he was also driving his car with no other works van than mine, they had said they had other properties they wanted me to do .....so has now spoken to them and was probably going to ask me to plaster them at his rates keep the rest of the money ....rather than me getting the job myself and getting paid my rates
Sorry mate it’s just my opinion, it’s still the builders job even if you was there all on your jack jones!

The builder is just being a cock....weather you were on his job or not,he doesn't own the rights to be given every job in the street.
You might be doing work for him but he doesn't own you .

I don't mind builders
20191009_112043.jpg

Absolutely agree, he should have had you do plastering on your price, no ifs no buts he is a c**t

[/QUOT
at the very least he owes you a finders fee and there is nothing wrong with giving your card, different if you were working for a Plastering firm, he had no qualms about cutting you out so f**k him and any other builder that does the same