Weber OCR

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes mate all sprayed with the ritmo.the mesh is to stop cracking from the structure outwards.i think my cracks we`re due to the topcoat being thicker than it should of been.and as cpi is very fine,this does`nt help.

Ive never used OCR, cant see the point in paying out twice as much as CPI if its just a rubbed up finish thats need.

Had excellent experiances no cracking with Cpi General purpose render. Always two coats, full mesh on scratch, leave 5 days then top it.

Why did u rendaid it? did u wet it before coating if it had dried? I know u are meant to for monogris is it the same f

Smooth brick and suction control. I have not second coated on ocr before so not sure about suction being as it was 2 hours of spraying before turning back to rub up. besides a thicker scratch coat then a sprayed first pass of the second coat would not leave a lot of room for the mesh being to near the surface.

When I used a trial bag of CPI GP render as a scratch there was no suction on the second coat. Is CPI GP Render waterproofed so no suction problems?

Parmurex is £6 odd a bag(30kg). Have used it as a scratch coat over dry hacked off bricks and not a single crack. I'd have confidence in it being a 1 coat fine down render. Have you considered monorex gf. No cracks at all and apparently it rubs up lovely. Would think blanc du littoral would give you a very tasty bright white smooth render.

Over dry bricks might not be such a problem as there will suction. Putting it on rend-aid at 10-12mm in 2 passes wet on wet is going to make it on the heavy side. Tearing under it's own weight at the bottom and the dreaded rapid drying? Two equal thickness coats shouldn't be too bad say 8mm base set and then a 7mm top.

I will ring Encon? in Leeds and get some prices on Paramurex. What is the rend-aid equivalent in Parex language?

You make it yourself with any mono or parmurex you have especially in dodgy colours and mix it with their sbr(lankolatex). Economical that way.

you can but mr jones will testify it doesn't go through your water pump if mixed in a butt with water. You have to mix it separate and spray it with an open hopper like a ritmo, swing etc. not g4 etc

Over dry bricks might not be such a problem as there will suction. Putting it on rend-aid at 10-12mm in 2 passes wet on wet is going to make it on the heavy side. Tearing under it's own weight at the bottom and the dreaded rapid drying? Two equal thickness coats shouldn't be too bad say 8mm base set and then a 7mm top.

I will ring Encon? in Leeds and get some prices on Paramurex. What is the rend-aid equivalent in Parex language?

Monogris E, Penlaw quoted it at £11.40 to us recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.