Status
Not open for further replies.

Chizam

I've finally done it
ive I've taken a job with a local social housing company

32k a year
company van....

dealing with mad customers who want something for nothing has killed me,

keeping my my regulars and little jobs for weekends!!

Congrats mate a regular wage and not a bad one at that plus holiday / sick pay etc :RpS_thumbsup:

Congrats mate. Nice if you can find it

Me n dave would hang the hoses up if someone came with that and every week in the bank.

Enjoy it

My mate doin that type of work in north west.. its all 22/24k with or without van tops. or $11 per hr agency

Our 2 local social housing outfits don't pay that. I know because I worked for one two yrs ago. I did not stay long, too much politics and people passing the buck, messy tenants, rude tenants, dirty tenants, **** work, loads of pointless paperwork, lazy co-workers. I could go on!
But if you can deal with that better than I could then why not and best of luck to you.

Our 2 local social housing outfits don't pay that. I know because I worked for one two yrs ago. I did not stay long, too much politics and people passing the buck, messy tenants, rude tenants, dirty tenants, **** work, loads of pointless paperwork, lazy co-workers. I could go on!
But if you can deal with that better than I could then why not and best of luck to you.
Just after something stable mate,
with 2 kids and house to support

That was my thinking too.
It's not bad if you work on vacated properties but the ones with tenants in can be a right mare sometimes!
Then you get the old ladies who are really nice and give you loads of cakes and tea and insist you sit and have a chat.
And the randy women too (dangerous) omg I'm getting flashbacks now!

Being a multi trader he will get a higher wage..

Sounds alright good for you pal

I know what I'm like though I need pressure, I would just get bored and end up fckin it off after a little while

Top tip, dunno if it's me young good looks, me lilting (when sober :-0) irish accent or my MASSIVE CITROEN RELAY XLWB HITOP van but occasionally working in social (lol) housing has workers 'benefits'. All u have to do is agree and slag off the council.

Them slags love it :RpS_thumbsup:

Well done buddy :)

Keep us posted on how it goes :)

Take plenty of hand sanitiser with you.... you will need it!!!

Rendered a chimney stack
and re- plumbed the waste water under the sink on first day(separate calls) little bit boring but yo won't see me moaning lol

I go for a pint with me mate on a thur nite.. always limit me drinks and get last bus home cos ive got to be up handy.. pisses me off seing all the workshy twsts getting bladdered and staying out till all hours cos they aint got work

Don't let tothers bring you down mate. I agree to a degrree. It's what we contribute, whi we become that gives meaning to our lives. Some people need desperation rather than inspiration. :RpS_blink:

Caerphilly/wales

its multi trade job
me qualified bricky and groundworker aswell

With grammar like that I believe you lol

thats only 29 and a half

Do you use a different calendar in Herts. Jace?

I think you've made a good call, I hope it works out well for you.

Being a multi trader he will get a higher wage..

Sounds alright good for you pal

I know what I'm like though I need pressure, I would just get bored and end up fckin it off after a little while

Perhaps you need a bigger mortgage, more kids and **** all money. That should take away the boredom.

With grammar like that I believe you lol

Do you use a different calendar in Herts. Jace?

I think you've made a good call, I hope it works out well for you.

Perhaps you need a bigger mortgage, more kids and **** all money. That should take away the boredom.

Haven't got a mortgage bud missed the last boom and seems for my age group it's out of reach for most, plus being SE doesn't help..
2 kids more than enough!

Its defo something that's is priority to me though, not necessarily my own home at first I will be looking at it next year I think, there is plenty of stupidly cheap properties in Lancashire still in fckin hovels of course, round southport to get a half decent area with the house in a shiz state you talking £120k+ that will need £30k spent before being liveable..

Haven't got a mortgage bud missed the last boom and seems for my age group it's out of reach for most, plus being SE doesn't help..
2 kids more than enough!

Its defo something that's is priority to me though, not necessarily my own home at first I will be looking at it next year I think, there is plenty of stupidly cheap properties in Lancashire still in fckin hovels of course, round southport to get a half decent area with the house in a shiz state you talking £120k+ that will need £30k spent before being liveable..
@SpankySouthport if I were you I'd keep saving (if possible) and hold off a year or so. Interest rates are nailed on to go up and that unfortunately means some poor sods that have just about been keeping their heads above water will end up getting repossessed. When someone loses out in these circumstances there's always someone else that will make out of it. I might sound harsh but it might as well be you that makes out of it than someone else.

Last edited by a moderator:
@SpankySouthport if I were you I'd keep saving (if possible) and hold off a year or so. Interest rates are nailed on to go up and that unfortunately means some poor sods that have just about been keeping their heads above water will end up getting repossessed. When someone loses out in these circumstances there's always someone else that will make out of it. I might sound harsh but it might as well be you that makes out of it than someone else.
Oh yes, been trying to buy at auction and people are paying way over the odds, house that was in agents for 400 at January this yr sold for 557 in last weeks auction, the owner just made it into 3 dummy studio flats and people saw"potential" I sadly didn't, I was offered an identical house near by last year for 270.

Its not harsh j its reality. The govts. Mini bubble help to buy that has seen people just about make it onto the ladder with the help will be well and truly dumped when rates go up..

Prices will stay steady up here I think spanky. London might be doing 30% better so Osbourne thinks we're in great shape but in reality the aftertaste of recession still lingers up north. Prices for example are still average 6% lower than before the recession where as in parts of the south and London they are up to 30 higher than before the recession

The govt will act now to try to calm that by making lending harder via banking regs. Unfortunately up here where the opposite is needed - stimulation. It will further add to the problems. Blinkered idiots.

Good luck spank. Why don't you look for a little arle terrace somewhere away from southport.
Chorley has some cheap houses and m6 m58 to switch island is 20 mins

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.