Well that's a new one.

• Thread starter Deleted member 23452
  • Start date

Members online

D

Deleted member 23452

Chatting to the customer and architect to iron out some changes before plans go to BC and an engineer for the steel specs etc. Minor tweaks like ripping out the staircase and fitting a new one on the opposite side of the building :rolleyes: At the end I asked if she'd decided between facing brick to match existing, or render to the extension for @Vincey to get his machine on.

She said "I'm waiting for an answer from the consultant on which one is best for containing the radiation.We already know the doors need to be lead lined and want to check if the walls need to be as well." :eek:

Chatting to the customer and architect to iron out some changes before plans go to BC and an engineer for the steel specs etc. Minor tweaks like ripping out the staircase and fitting a new one on the opposite side of the building :rolleyes: At the end I asked if she'd decided between facing brick to match existing, or render to the extension for @Vincey to get his machine on.

She said "I'm waiting for an answer from the consultant on which one is best for containing the radiation.We already know the doors need to be lead lined and want to check if the walls need to be as well." :eek:
Have you ever seen targeted individuals?

No, what is it/are they?

I learned a long time ago (mostly because of @Olican ) not to Google things mentioned on here I hadn't heard of.

You know the way @John j believes in chemtrails?

Well, they make that look like sense. They are targeted by a mysterious government agency who do inexplicable things to them - for example, when they can't sleep, that is proof that the agency is using directed energy weapons to give them a headache.

Three red card and two with a headlight out? It's a coded message to let them know that the agency is on to them.

The agency come into their houses and do weird things to them like hide their soap.

They live in tinfoil houses sometimes.

You know the way @John j believes in chemtrails?

Well, they make that look like sense. They are targeted by a mysterious government agency who do inexplicable things to them - for example, when they can't sleep, that is proof that the agency is using directed energy weapons to give them a headache.

Three red card and two with a headlight out? It's a coded message to let them know that the agency is on to them.

The agency come into their houses and do weird things to them like hide their soap.

They live in tinfoil houses sometimes.

Wtf eh

Riiiiight. :oops:

In this instance I think it's more about the contents of the rooms than the customer being a fruitcake. It's going to have a CT scanner and an x-ray machine. Although I suppose she could be planning on irradiating the neighbours.

In this instance I think it's more about the contents of the rooms than the customer being a fruitcake. It's going to have a CT scanner and an x-ray machine. Although I suppose she could be planning on irradiating the neighbours.

It near sellerfield

OMG I get myself involved in some flipping jobs , down stair toilet artex over skimming to anti radon rendering

No pressure, but I told her it wouldn't be an issue either way as I was getting an expert in from Nottinghamshire for the plastering and rendering. (y):inocente:

i think that you will need to use XRAY plaster, as it is used in hospitals. it contains lead in the mix, therefore it is very heavy, slow to apply and expensive to purchase.
people do need to be protected . if you work in these areas you could be exposed to X-rays umpteen times a day.

Last edited:
i think that you will need to use XRAY plaster, as it is used in hospitals. it contains lead in the mix, therefore it is very heavy, slow to apply and expensive to purchase.
people do need to be protected . if you work in these areas you could be exposed to X-rays umpteen times a day.

I've been looking into the requirements to try and get ahead of the likely specs. It's cheaper, quicker, easier and greater protection to fit sheets into the cavity if you're building from scratch apparently.

I've been looking into the requirements to try and get ahead of the likely specs. It's cheaper, quicker, easier and greater protection to fit sheets into the cavity if you're building from scratch apparently.

i have never seen the sheets in a cavity method, how would you be able to place brick ties into the wall ? plus the customer would have to put all of the trust in their building contractor.
the X-ray plaster version is visible and they are able to check that it is to spec.

i have never seen the sheets in a cavity method, how would you be able to place brick ties into the wall ? plus the customer would have to put all of the trust in their building contractor.
the X-ray plaster version is visible and they are able to check that it is to spec.

They don't check the plaster spec as that only proves what the stuff in the bag is. They measure the shielding value of the wall to make sure it's sufficient. Meter one side and a low rad isotope on the other for the walls and doors.

The sheets are fixed to the outer face of the inner leaf over the ties. Cut a slit in the sheet, push it over the ties and then fold the lips (ooh, er missus!) back over the wire. That leaves a series of @2 mm dia holes in the lead, but as that hole is blocked with a 200 - 250 mm long stainless rod that gives sufficient protection. You can fit the sheet on the inner face then batten and board over it as you would for DPM, but if you do it that way you can't fix anything more than a picture to the wall inside.

Using the sheets has big advantages over the plaster, cost, speed to fit, easier to check, no need for extra PPE, and isn't susceptible to damage or breaching by doing other work somewhere down the line.

They don't check the plaster spec as that only proves what the stuff in the bag is. They measure the shielding value of the wall to make sure it's sufficient. Meter one side and a low rad isotope on the other for the walls and doors.

The sheets are fixed to the outer face of the inner leaf over the ties. Cut a slit in the sheet, push it over the ties and then fold the lips (ooh, er missus!) back over the wire. That leaves a series of @2 mm dia holes in the lead, but as that hole is blocked with a 200 - 250 mm long stainless rod that gives sufficient protection. You can fit the sheet on the inner face then batten and board over it as you would for DPM, but if you do it that way you can't fix anything more than a picture to the wall inside.

Using the sheets has big advantages over the plaster, cost, speed to fit, easier to check, no need for extra PPE, and isn't susceptible to damage or breaching by doing other work somewhere down the line.

the sheet method sounds a good idea, i would go for the best costings .

I don't know what they're going to be using in this room, but I imagine the footings are pretty substantial.

lead_bricks1.jpg

Oh right...I thought it was a nutters house.

It's Rossi that believes in chemtrails, sorry @John j
Because the thousands of planes ✈️ above our heads can only be sprinkling magic energy dust down on to us.
Cancers, asthma, dementia all on the rise. Must just be me then.

They’re preppers

the sheet method sounds a good idea, i would go for the best costings .

To be honest I'm just going to go with whatever the radiation consultant (didn't even know that was a thing) suggests. I just want to make sure I know what the options are and pros/cons for each.

To be honest I'm just going to go with whatever the radiation consultant (didn't even know that was a thing) suggests. I just want to make sure I know what the options are and pros/cons for each.

good idea, might as well get someone else to carry the buck. whatever the cost it will just get passed on.

I don't believe someone fitting the sheets will carefully fold back the lead around each and every tie, and corrrectly lap ther sheets on the corners, it's too detailed and messy. Who's picking up the liability? Megabucks for harming young-un.
Sp

I don't believe someone fitting the sheets will carefully fold back the lead around each and every tie, and corrrectly lap ther sheets on the corners, it's too detailed and messy. Who's picking up the liability? Megabucks for harming young-un.
Sp

You could say that about any part of construction.

Will the bonding be correct on the electrics? Will the gas connections be right? Will the boiler flue be correctly fitted and positioned? Will the steelwork be supported properly? Are the joints correctly made on the joists? Are all the fire breaks properly sealed? etc etc

There's no guarantee that a spread would correctly fit the lead shielded plaster boards without gaps, corners lapped properly etc.

Either people do their jobs properly or they don't.

True, but it's easier to do the boards, and do it right, and to see its done right. Nobody on site likes to do a fiddly repetitive task over and over,and even if they do give a monkeys, human nature gets bored and then the errors creep in no matter what the rate being paid.