What am I doing wrong ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll admit, I'm not the most confident of renderers, but the several render jobs I have been asked to do have all turned out fine so I must be doing something right.

However, I always seem to be waiting an age for the bottom of any wall to stiffen up sufficiently for me to rub it up - All the water obviously sinks to the bottom but whilst the top of any wall might be ready within an hour or so, the bottom takes nearer 6 - Is this common practise or am I missing a trick guys ??

Your prolly not doing a lot wrong mate, i take it your working down to a bellcast drip bead ? just make sure you fill it corectly with your first coat so leave around 8 mm for your top coat the wrong thickness will cause you problems you speak of .Also a good tip for winter rendering is make the last mix a stiff one ;)

Get the newspaper onto it lad help soak the water out ;) yes this happens at times make sure to not wet the bottom of the wall were your finding it hard to finish.

i agree theres always one part that doesnt want to behave .......last time it happened to me i started a little fire ......loved telling the site manager ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.