What do we listen to while working?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlos

Private Member
To save the other thread that started about radios.

What do you listen to while working?

I like Absolute Radio but if the old fella is with me its Smooth radio.

Radio 2 or CFM.
CFM always had a policy of playing one from the 60's, one from the 70's, one from the 80's and then a top 30 one. Robbie Dee is good on the morning show :RpS_thumbup:

I have a digital radio so the worlds my lobster, but mostly absolute 80's at the mo.:RpS_thumbup:

radio 4 by far and away the best station, bubbles cant stand cfm, one spread i work with plays it all day not so bad if we are working in different rooms,but sometimes if we are working on a big ceiling say,i have radio 4 on at one end and he has cfm on at the other,it does my head in, but it makes for some good banter through the day having 2 different and i mean different radio stations on

I don't listen to a radio because if I do there's a good chance I will get hit by an asteroid

Any thing with any commerciality is out , just cannot stand the insentient constant repeating of mine numbing commercials pandering to the lowest common denominator within an increasingly mindless society.
So its got to be a bbc station, local radio is too local, radio 1 is for the prats mentioned in the first paragraph. So i listen to radio 2 most of the time. It is quite a good mix of pleasant chat and varied music . Pretty much all day until you get to 7 pm in the evening. Though its crap over the weekend , so listen to radio 4 then. Have also been known to plug the mp3 in to the site radio and listen to pod casts down loaded , discussing stuff i have an interest in. Have also considered talking books , generally dont get the time to sit down and read properly , but could quite easily listen too a classic tale whilst i was stuck in a room .

Talk sport 8-10 then maybe radio 2 but not Steve wright can't stand his show,smooth 70,s Kerrang then maybe talk sport from 4. Can't see why Darren tough cant use the word That in his sentences though!

I listen to the other plasterer and the labourer talking every week about what they will spend the lottery on if they win, one has it all planned out,"buy two flats in London,rent them out and live on the money in Spain....."

I miss the days of car park catch phrase, Now and then the younger lads put on some head banging music and then i cant concentrate and go under or on a stressfull day a bit of easy listening on smooth fm works a treat.

I really liked the chris moyles show. The whole team clicked together brilliantly and i could listen to it all day. Listened to radio 2 when moyles left. I can tolerate Chris evans steve Wright and ken bruce but I cannot stand jeremy vines show. Local radio can only be on for so long before ive heard the same advert ten times plus they don't play classics or modern music but the same generic neutral stuff all local radio plays. **** like the corrs. Stereophonics. James blunt. I might buy a makita dab so ive got more options

nothing, i cant afford a radio.

anyone suggest a good durable cheap dab one, £40.00 tops

I went through 8 cheap DAB radios years ago. Each replaced on warranty. Most just died but one set on fire! The cheapos can't handle the dust and moisture. Found a DAB construction radio on EBay from holland. Been going for 5 years and worth every penny of the £140.

The makita radio stands up to all the dust and **** and being knocked about. And its got the best sound compared to bosch ryobi hitachi and dewalt

Had dewalt and bosch, now have a makita and it seems to be indestructible. best on the market imo

Radio 2 on the Makita radio until Popmaster is over, then its the ipod & boombox with DJ sets for the rest of the day, although yesterday it was straight into the tunes in the morning, with an hour of 1977 Pick of the Pops with Tony Blackburn from 1-2 then tunes again.

I like Radio 2 on the weekend, Sundays more so, the last couple of years i've really started to enjoy Elaine Payge show tunes, I think i'd even like to go to the theatre to see a musical. I must be mellowing.

Being outside it is too noisy for a radio. We are either hacking off or have the petrol mixer going. Also got to think of the neighbours as some of the younger workers need it loud.

So as it is no radio. When I was plastering up to 1989 I enjoyed Radio 1 but there was few commercial stations around up to then. But now I prefer silence.

Status
Not open for further replies.