What genny do I need ?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cfp

Found some one selling a g4 I need a three phase genny , does it have to be 12.5kva which is the best for price? don't want to spend massive amounts . Any info greatly appreciated ! :RpS_biggrin:

Thank's for that mate ! That was general vibe I was getting browsing web , I want something that is up to the job without breaking the bank , I've heard Honda probably best but they are a couple of grand !? Hoping there's something out there a little less costly ..

A decent genny will cost you that. PFT have access to new ones but if you are to buy secondhand do your homework first. Do not presume 12-15 kva alone is enough there is more to it than that.

Hi Cfp, any of the official PFT dealers will be able to supply a generator. As stated above, just because it says that it is 12 kva does not mean that it will automatically work. Les at PFT Northern has spent years working with generator companies getting the correct ones for the machines. So please speak to him as without advice, you could waste your money. Les will give you some good advice and help you.

Think so what you reckon ?
No disrespect to the guy that has it up for sale ,but it is like buying an old car ,always a risk ,cash buys are ok if you have cash ,buying it new you will get tax relief and get the vat back ,if you vat . I ,m glad i brought new ,back up and peace of mind ,6 years later ,i have had no real worries with it . Do what is right for you mate and your budget

I'm in two minds Keith ! To be fair the guy I spoke with was honest from start it's not brand new but he says it's in good working order been serviced regularly etc i can buy new machine I agree with what you are saying about tax relief and vat back , but if this machine gets us going and pays itself off I would buy a new one . It's six of one half a dozen of the other I,m going to ring pft northern tomorrow and thrash I out with them .

I'm in two minds Keith ! To be fair the guy I spoke with was honest from start it's not brand new but he says it's in good working order been serviced regularly etc i can buy new machine I agree with what you are saying about tax relief and vat back , but if this machine gets us going and pays itself off I would buy a new one . It's six of one half a dozen of the other I,m going to ring pft northern tomorrow and thrash I out with them .
Best of luck mate ,Les is the God of machines :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.