WHat happens if

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

windy

Private Member
Lets say you have little job like a chimney breast to skim . Mix forst mix in gorrilla bucket. If you have a bit left over and you just lash in some fresh water and new new finish and give it a mix to use as second coat.

I assume it will just go off a bit quicker ?? Any other issues?

I mix it in if I need more - i don't like waste:RpS_thumbup: Then again I only wash me tub after 3 batches and I don't wait between coats either, I'd never heard of that before I came on this site:huh:

there is a reason for using different batches for each coat ok a small job you do in 1 but it helps YOU THE PLASTERER control the suction and setting times and helps aquire a proper finish cos it sets properly.a lot of spreads think it slows you down but it dont the heat of the first coat setting pulls the fresher second coat in nicely and makes it easierti achieve a nice finish
the amount of times i see spreads trying to second coat with a stiff 1st coat is un real its a sh it way

there is a reason for using different batches for each coat ok a small job you do in 1 but it helps YOU THE PLASTERER control the suction and setting times and helps aquire a proper finish cos it sets properly.a lot of spreads think it slows you down but it dont the heat of the first coat setting pulls the fresher second coat in nicely and makes it easierti achieve a nice finish
the amount of times i see spreads trying to second coat with a stiff 1st coat is un real its a sh it way
know what ya mean i hate that it only takes a couple of mins to knock some fresh gear up

This is correct. I hate laying in with the same stuff!!

Status
Not open for further replies.