whats your scratch render of choice?

Members online

Th

they have only dropped it 5% if the bags been reduced by 15% it’s a 10% increase, that’s after the 5% increase last year that 15% in less than a 12 month span, it’s ridiculous.
Not for me, as I said pro rata.

No, although there acrylic is 2/3 of the price of there dpr. Mind all monorex drops to 25kg bags soon so in effect it will be another price hike as the price won’t drop 15%.
I have it in 25kg bags over here. And it still says 1.3m2 on the bag lol

I spray a lot of monoblanco but it’s the best finish on the market
I don't like it. I don't like any mono its pure s**t tbh. It's not fit for porpoise. Have done a good few hundred houses in it tho. But on new private buildings I'll talk them out of mono. 99% of the time they will listen.

I don't like it. I don't like any mono its pure s**t tbh. It's not fit for porpoise. Have done a good few hundred houses in it tho. But on new private buildings I'll talk them out of mono. 99% of the time they will listen.
Why you say that ?

Do you prefer a thin coat render ? Just I’m thinking of getting into rendering and I’m
Convinced it’s going to easier on my own with a lad rather than monocouche. I’ve been looking at the johnstones system . Gonna have a practice at home first though

Do you prefer a thin coat render ? Just I’m thinking of getting into rendering and I’m
Convinced it’s going to easier on my own with a lad rather than monocouche. I’ve been looking at the johnstones system . Gonna have a practice at home first though
Its better than mono for sure.

It's not for the climate here. Good chance it will look s**t after a few years. Good old sand and cement is king miles better and far far cheaper.
Can agree with you mate ! Mono is far better and done well is a great system

Haven’t onestop come out with a product that can be scraped in a few hrs regardless of conditions?

Which mono would you choose if you had to handball it on ?
I'm old school but done a few houses with k rend and Webber, a mates house I've prepped up scratch s&c ready for spa dash has decided now he doesn't want spa or fine down but wants a shade of orange scratch finish . which I don't mind but been a year since used bagged gear and never used thin coat system before so brushing up on info for prep on top of scratch s&c ?

Which mono would you choose if you had to handball it on ?
I'm old school but done a few houses with k rend and Webber, a mates house I've prepped up scratch s&c ready for spa dash has decided now he doesn't want spa or fine down but wants a shade of orange scratch finish . which I don't mind but been a year since used bagged gear and never used thin coat system before so brushing up on info for prep on top of scratch s&c ?
Could pay someone to spray for you mate sometimes I do that for other guys I know without a machine , saves a lot of hassle getting gear on and less chance of a f**k up

Could pay someone to spray for you mate sometimes I do that for other guys I know without a machine , saves a lot of hassle getting gear on and less chance of a f**k up

Thanks vince not many with machines around here only on sites and the others that do domestics are busy or not worth asking. I don't do enough modern bagged render jobs to be worth getting a machine so not trained up on one.

The few I've done include some decent sized domestic houses handballed and look good. So not afraid to get on it, just thinking on s&c that's been on a while it needs a primer and base coats meshed and scratched before top coat of probably Webber or k rend mono scratch finish with my I bar n scratch float.

About 12 years ago I first tried modern render. k rend ft on my own house as a guinny pig before going public. I used ewi on rear and straight on s&c scratch coat to side and front. It turned out good for first go about 170m2 in all.But a few small tares appeared when dried, so i always base n mesh but thinking of primer needed on s&c scratch coat cos its been on a while ?

Scratched s&c is flat but if mono I want it as close to bang on flat as possible before top coat so prob base n mesh it with Darby secreted and spat ?

Thanks vince not many with machines around here only on sites and the others that do domestics are busy or not worth asking. I don't do enough modern bagged render jobs to be worth getting a machine so not trained up on one.

The few I've done include some decent sized domestic houses handballed and look good. So not afraid to get on it, just thinking on s&c that's been on a while it needs a primer and base coats meshed and scratched before top coat of probably Webber or k rend mono scratch finish with my I bar n scratch float.

About 12 years ago I first tried modern render. k rend ft on my own house as a guinny pig before going public. I used ewi on rear and straight on s&c scratch coat to side and front. It turned out good for first go about 170m2 in all.But a few small tares appeared when dried, so i always base n mesh but thinking of primer needed on s&c scratch coat cos its been on a while ?

Scratched s&c is flat but if mono I want it as close to bang on flat as possible before top coat so prob base n mesh it with Darby secreted and spat ?
Sounds good mate, I just use Weber now supplies are close by at merchants near me

Sounds good mate, I just use Weber now supplies are close by at merchants near me

Going to check out who's stocking it and prices around here. I've got Webber reps number from last job, tidy guy so get some samples for mate to see. Not keen on Orange colour myself but if that's what he wants and if they have the colour he's paying so on it'll go.

With darker colours chaps you have to make sure you get correct depth on the wall so you can I bar it nice and flat before you put the scratch pad on it, parex is a b*****d for misses, but with the darker colours more so.

Loads, it wants to be machine applied, it goes on the walkdark so it will pick up a lot quicker than a light colour.

Thanks owls and mcplaster, it's got to be handballed on so I'll try and find another orange he likes preferably Weber mono. Or other Any suggestions ?

With darker colours chaps you have to make sure you get correct depth on the wall so you can I bar it nice and flat before you put the scratch pad on it, parex is a b*****d for misses, but with the darker colours more so.
Ain't that the truth.