Where does it all end?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombie

Private Member
When I started plastering it was because I enjoyef anualy graft and couldn't bare though of office work and computers etc...

Present day hate mobile phones, internet and all the shite that comes with it...

Now more and more it seems that to be successful in your business need or at least helps to be computer/media savy etc...

But where does it end when everyone has a website and uses Facebook bla bla etc surley it gets to saturation and nothing really gained to the next person etc...

Where does it level us will people go back to good old referrels and such for work..

I think its long time tradesmen were left to just be good old fashioned tradesmen again and let there work separate them not all this pretencios website my Dick's bigger than next mans bollox...

Hey ho back to 1990s for me any day of the week!!!

doesnt matter how you market WOM will always be the best way to get graft. no matter how old you are marra

There was a chap who wanted some fencing a few weeks back...he sent me a vid off his phone walking down the garden showing me the existing stuff....along with a measurement meant I didnt have to go and quote and just did it over the phone....saved a bit of petrol and an hour of my time.

There was a chap who wanted some fencing a few weeks back...he sent me a vid off his phone walking down the garden showing me the existing stuff....along with a measurement meant I didnt have to go and quote and just did it over the phone....saved a bit of petrol and an hour of my time.

Thing is he could quite easily do that to 5 people in 5 minutes playing the c**t playing everyone off against them...that's what I don't like it's all cloak and daggers with everything against the tradesmen...

Bit like Mac was saying its all stacked in the customers favour nowadays and in personal

Thing is he could quite easily do that to 5 people in 5 minutes playing the c**t playing everyone off against them...that's what I don't like it's all cloak and daggers with everything against the tradesmen...

Bit like Mac was saying its all stacked in the customers favour nowadays and in personal

Yeah I agree it is very faceless now with the web...better to go and make them look you in the eye....this was a friend of someone else I did a fence for so was a bit more of a formality...he even offered to help save me a bit of time. Technology is good when it helps and shite when it don't:)

Are you serious here ? You sound like a spoilt kid in the playground who couldn't score a goal so he took his ball home crying.

If I want to get any work done in my home I'm entitled to get as many quotes as I like, but it's not always about price I had my windows replaced in November just had the one quote didn't question the price as I felt they would do a good neat job, as it turned out they did

Are you serious here ? You sound like a spoilt kid in the playground who couldn't score a goal so he took his ball home crying.

If I want to get any work done in my home I'm entitled to get as many quotes as I like, but it's not always about price I had my windows replaced in November just had the one quote didn't question the price as I felt they would do a good neat job, as it turned out they did

OK...let me re phrase...have no probs at all with people getting more quotes but at least in the old days customers at least used had to do a bit of leg work and look you in the eye..

Now its all tap of a button and were like nodding dogs

OK...let me re phrase...have no probs at all with people getting more quotes but at least in the old days customers at least used had to do a bit of leg work and look you in the eye..

Now its all tap of a button and were like nodding dogs

Would you rather go back to having to post quotes etc ? Come on embrace change and move with it

Would you rather go back to having to post quotes etc ? Come on embrace change and move with it[/QUOT

OK...I've got to admit that emailing quotes in convenient...but equally I'm of a generation that had a blue print copy book and would hand write there and then often...

Seem to spend endless hrs nowadays checking emails and typing quotes and what not that never had to do...just good old fashioned meet and greats maybe a phone call book jobsvin and do the work..

Now you need a pa for an artex ceiling quote;!!

Reactions: gps
I don't have any of the modern social communication sites where you post a pictures and explain in details what have you eaten, wher you have been , what colour is your s**t etc. Complete bonkers in my opinion! All I have is f**k**g Skype and that's it:loco:. Reading on here super über flex, superskim , mediflex, premium this, premium that......... Tried to catch up, but ......my head gets :hueco:
Lay with this trowel, finish with that trowel, oh, no wait is the other way around:mad: WTF! I think now days is all about the image you can create in them cyber spaces and not who really , actually , you are ! I thought I was left behind , and you know, we don't do that comrades , but now I see there are a few more in the bushes around me:D.

Status
Not open for further replies.