which gear

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickelarse

Private Member
whats the best gear to use. iv got a 30m panel on the back of a house and 3 5m panels on the front. 3/4 of the back is old render they want going over, the bottom 1/4 is aquapanel. the front sections are aquapanel. they want it mono'd after. i no aquapanel isnt supposed to take mono, but seeing as theyre small.....

will something like highbond take to aquapanel. i want to try and use the same gear throughout if i can

we've gone over cement boards on steve keitleys advice with mono using Maite and mesh keyed with a 5mm tilers trowel and about 10mm monorex over. no probs.

Nick the mono goody is on about is monorex EHL not the standard, its used for the board system

this high bond is it the cpi you are talking about?

yeah he is.
Hey nick no maybe the time to use ur ritmo for texturing. CPI sell a mineral render. You could build any deep work in GPM, then high bond and mesh the lot, sponge it up and show it some texture. much lighter system

hm. ill have a look at that. the bloody rep wont answer the phone to me atm coz i gave him an earful coz theyve left s**t everywhere on my job.

how does that work out price wise compared to mono?

blones i thought the cpi hi bond was like their version of rendaid so would you be normally be sponging it up? surely they want it to be used as a prep render to be overcoated

So rendaid has a load of chems innit and is supposed to be spiked up scudded splattered or stippled for the best key how will it go if you sponge it and put texture over it? will the texture adhere. some times with the likes of rendaid it can separate from the topping render cos of its chemical make up making it so tough and resiliant thats all I was thinking

it says on their website you can use hbr for insulation systems and over boards so i guessed it was the same as adhesive coat. Have a read.
Nick i dunno how much it costs but assuming the board protudes the existing substrate you would have to

dub out to the board on existing
mesh adhesive the lot
1.5 mm of texture

if you mono it you will
dub out to board
mesh adhesive the lot
then 10mm mono
so the material will cost more

no i spray one pass then as it picks up spray a second pass. ie spray 30 mts the go back and so on. You can stop anytime u want with texture and even go back a week later. even a washdown can be repaired

apparently it can go over aquapanel and can be floated according to the rep.

talking of highbond, iv had some on a wall for a week outside and is still dark in patches, think where it was a bit deeper. u reckon mono over it would be ok or wait?

well yeah he said they do it. forgot about the price tbh. just asked if theyre highbond can be floated and sprayed over.

i prefer it because it can be finished straight away. with mono u have to lay it on then wait ten rub back ten sweep up all the dust u scraped of.
the other way you prep your base coat and when your ready wang it on finish it job done and its cheaper to supply

Status
Not open for further replies.