Which machine????

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCrown

Hi, I'm new to the forum and been getting as much information off internet sites about machine spraying, I think I've been fed some good and bad info, so I've came hear to find the truth :RpS_wink:

I'm looking for a machine that can spray the likes of multifinish and K rend, as this is most of my work (I wouldn't want to have to buy 2 machines,) also I'm not in the position to buy new so would i get a good 2nd hand machine that could spray both???

This might also sound like a stupid question but....
could you spray a pre mixed silicone such as Wetherby or would you not get it on that thin?

That one on ebay isnt what it seems. Theres no compressor on it.

The Ritmo will do exactly what you require.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can never understand people who want to spray finish, after all, you are limited to what you can keep under control and to be honest, I can trowel on just as fast as a Ritmo. Spraying render on the other hand is a different ball game. What you want is a PFT G5, and the best bit is, I've got one for sale!

Thank you all for your help,
The reason is Marko I've got 4 new build houses and 4 more coming, all to skim inside and render outside, if I can buy a machine that helps inside and out, why make work for myself and my team?
I'm not set on a machine to do both, but it would be nice, if I struggle finding a Ritmo 2nd hand ill look into the G5, but out of curiosity how much???

You can have it for 3800, it's got two and a half grands worth of Honda 3 phase generator and Les Lord serviced the machine last month. Why not do away with the dot and dab and use MP 75, faster and cheaper

I can never understand people who want to spray finish, after all, you are limited to what you can keep under control and to be honest, I can trowel on just as fast as a Ritmo. Spraying render on the other hand is a different ball game. What you want is a PFT G5, and the best bit is, I've got one for sale!
You see that vid of the 160m2 ceiling that blones posted above? Me and my mate did that, between us we have near 30 yrs experience, you would not have kept up with us on that And we hardly busted a sweat. I don't like spraying houses though, just the big stuff.

You can trowel on as fast as a machine :RpS_lol:

After you've got the machine off the van, had a fight over the water, got it to where youre working, set it up, start spraying, sort out all the over spray, clean it out.......it probably is the same keith, its alot of hassle for something that goes on 2mm

Mr crown get a new ritmo on finance.you won't look back.although the only draw back is you don't seem to work as hard so I'm getting a bit of a gut!!!
Diet for me.lol

That one on ebay isnt what it seems. Theres no compressor on it.

The Ritmo will do exactly what you require.

whos ritmo is this blone ?

he has the pressure switch fitted to his pedrollo. i have just had one similar delivered for mine

Last edited by a moderator:
After you've got the machine off the van, had a fight over the water, got it to where youre working, set it up, start spraying, sort out all the over spray, clean it out.......it probably is the same keith, its alot of hassle for something that goes on 2mm
you said that once about mono ,with respect , how is the spraying going :RpS_wink:

ukk me you are tighht . why not just get a av300 be done with all the faffing about

no fun in that plug and go, aint my style

i like nuts and bolts and tinkering with stuff (its actually the only reason we spray render - so we can have a mechanical fix now and then:RpS_thumbsup:) also for 27 quid it was much cheaper than the av33333oooooo

dave has been banging on about using twisters for months because it saves mauling with rotors and setting pressures but i wont agree to it. :RpS_lol:

Mono is designed for machine application though Keith, if it went on 2mm id put it on by hand too, very well thanks mate it fucks it on love it :)

Hi, I'm new to the forum and been getting as much information off internet sites about machine spraying, I think I've been fed some good and bad info, so I've came hear to find the truth :RpS_wink:

I'm looking for a machine that can spray the likes of multifinish and K rend, as this is most of my work (I wouldn't want to have to buy 2 machines,) also I'm not in the position to buy new so would i get a good 2nd hand machine that could spray both???

This might also sound like a stupid question but....
could you spray a pre mixed silicone such as Wetherby or would you not get it on that thin?

Let me know if you get one!

225 m2 hit by hand? Me thinks not :)

Also it takes 15mins to set a machine up and spray. I can guarantee on a good size project I would whoop a hand crew. I'm not talking about 100m jobs but I ant interested in them anyways. Machine work and large job is all about preparation. We sort electric, water, beads,scrim Windows protection and everything else else before a ritmo even gets to site. The crew goes in and spends a good day getting ready.

One Man with a Ritmo, me with my whisk and spot board, 20" and 1m skimming spat. We both have to finish what we put on, your Ritmo man has to keep going back to flatten in whereas I flatten as I apply. And don't forget, the job has to be FINISHED, so if the Ritmo man puts 160m on he has to finish it. Get PFT to set up this challenge and i'll take anybody up on it, but PFT be warned, you may end up with egg on your face.

No, your man, and he has to be just one man, no labourer, can put as much as he likes on but if he doesn't finish it and I do that proves that the machine is no better

Marko currier has 4 or 5 men why not you mix and lay on for these guys against the ritmo .
The ritmo is there for one man or a big team it can do either it's there to help you not challenge you .

I could do 160 with a lab in one hit on the right job.

In fact a race like the mp75 would be fine

The machines there for large scale jobs I.e a team etc. But if you want us to come down to small scale stuff so we're on even ground then it would be a test of who is more knackered by the end, I'd prob be checking my emails as your digging your hawk all morning!
Ahh the old man v machine topic, it's been at least a few months since this ones been about

i think unless ur on large areas wih a gang a machine isnt much quicker for skim. but its a hell of a lot easier. the only hard bit about skimming is getting it on quick enough

Status
Not open for further replies.