Which machine????

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
One Man with a Ritmo, me with my whisk and spot board, 20" and 1m skimming spat. We both have to finish what we put on, your Ritmo man has to keep going back to flatten in whereas I flatten as I apply. And don't forget, the job has to be FINISHED, so if the Ritmo man puts 160m on he has to finish it. Get PFT to set up this challenge and i'll take anybody up on it, but PFT be warned, you may end up with egg on your face.

and yes u are a pleb

Well I have been spraying skim this week and have only just bought the ritmo, I think it is a pain having to get all the gear setup but I've been getting quicker at it 30mins and were spraying,one big hit which has been growing each time and still not busting a sweat,
I work in a 2&1 gang and what we put on by machine today would of made us work up a sweat by hand, in fact one of us could of troweled up what we put on it was that easy. Leaving plenty of time to move on beading, masking up and having a good tidy up!
each to there own really but if it makes my day easier I'm more than happy with my purchase:RpS_thumbsup:

Good lad.

Setup will get quicker as will clean down. We try to get setup up after one big hit uready for the next day so its just turn up and start.

What you been spraying?

Good lad.

Setup will get quicker as will clean down. We try to get setup up after one big hit uready for the next day so its just turn up and start.

What you been spraying?
bg spray finish and loving it.
had a few problems though lol mainly the nozzle blocking up mid use and had to call Stuart out as I thought the compressor was dodgy!!! Turned out I didn't have the needle to clean it in my tool kit anyway.
what settings do you spray bg spray finish on using the av3000 as we found that we had to slow the machine down to get a true water reading???

What mixing shaft u using? Any issues?
The one that came with the ritmo, have you any advice on this then?
its all a total different ball game but I can see that if I can keep the big jobs coming in spraying finish will be worth it. Not only for meterage but I think a better finish

Where u based? I only asked about the shaft as we have had issues with the powercoat one. Is your ritmo 110v

Speed 10 water 85 ish once running 100 before connecting water pipe to mixing zone

We use a high power air compressor as I think the onboard is to weedy for a uniform spray. Also blocks the holes less. Never turn ur air off either even when u stop spraying. The back pressure will force plaster in to the air holes

Maldon Essex, no mines the ritmo m 240v. Good thinking in not turning the air off maybe this is where I have been going wrong!!!
speed 10, when Stuart was out unblocking the air holes he said he thought I was spraying it too stiff think it was speed 9 and the water was under 75 which is why he said bring the speed down and water up.
If its too wet it's a mare to fill up the tapered edge of the board.
so what compressor did you buy to go with it? I will look into another one in the future once I have got into the thin coat renders, but at the mo want to get some return on what I've got. I can see how you think the onboard is a bit weedy.

Maldon Essex, no mines the ritmo m 240v. Good thinking in not turning the air off maybe this is where I have been going wrong!!!
speed 10, when Stuart was out unblocking the air holes he said he thought I was spraying it too stiff think it was speed 9 and the water was under 75 which is why he said bring the speed down and water up.
If its too wet it's a mare to fill up the tapered edge of the board.
so what compressor did you buy to go with it? I will look into another one in the future once I have got into the thin coat renders, but at the mo want to get some return on what I've got. I can see how you think the onboard is a bit weedy.

You're only a few minutes from me mate, I'm in Danbury.
I think you'll find the tapered boards need filling out first as do beads.

Yer we even try to do the tapes and filling the day before. I'll spend a day on site sorting everything out before the Ritmo hits site. Each day we will tape, bead and fill out the tapered edges ready for the next day.

You're only a few minutes from me mate, I'm in Danbury.
I think you'll find the tapered boards need filling out first as do beads.
Lol I know you Andy or know of you:RpS_wink: . I once called you for work as we heard dunmow was starting up again.
we do fill the tapes/beads up first but spray them in and speed skim flat before we hit the whole wall/ceiling, but as currier said think a day before doing this would be the best option as the spray finish doesn't like to go on to thick.
im really impressed with it as a whole though and I think it will be a bit more durable than multi

If your going for big sites make sure u get a program agreed in writing and a agreement on re revisits. That's my top tip as once your committed to a large project and they don't get enough ready it does your head in. I've been hand applying finish for the last few months as they just can't get their heads around how quick you can get things done and the fact you need completed rooms. If this es happen and you not protected in contract your screwed.

I actually used the Ritmo for the first time in a few weeks to spray bg universal one coat today. Worked a treat. Not as easy as mp75 to finish but the finish is better.

I don't do any major major sites mainly one offs and a few housing association sites which I take on the full package so i get to see what is ready or not. I know what you mean though its so frustrating when there's little bits holding you up.
not used mp75 or universal yet, I'm hoping to get some cpi in so I have it on standby for any small one roomer float and set jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.