Who rules off their render

Still use a plumb Bob , water level , offcut of plasterboard for square and 3,4,5 regularly, have got a laser level but don't own a spirit level as I don't trust them lol , water levels go round corners
Be careful using the corner of a sheet of board as a square, you'd be surprised just how out of square a lot of it is.

Be careful using the corner of a sheet of board as a square, you'd be surprised just how out of square a lot of it is.
Lol , we've been here before Andy
For the benefit of others...
Flip the top board of a stack over and check its not a parallelogram
To check your hand saw , offer up to the edge of a board and pencil a supposedly square line , flip the saw over and if its bang on it'll be parallel , if its not , 90° is the middle of the two lines , the same can be done with a triangle of board

[
No seriously @bof we've had it up to 10mm out. And apparently it was within tolerance.
This is an important point and deserves its own post , go for it and call out BG (y) but have explained how to check ,,, it's why I use traditional maths and don't trust spirit levels

Had many a chippy throw a hiisy fit cos I want a door liner redone and they put their level up and show me a bubble lol

Attachments

• 20191004_114700.jpg
    20191004_114700.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 367
  • 20191004_114655.jpg
    20191004_114655.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 403
  • 20191004_114018.jpg
    20191004_114018.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 368
  • 20191004_113840.jpg
    20191004_113840.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 365
  • 20191004_113855.jpg
    20191004_113855.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 392
might explain this ......
the whole 3 storey plot :endesacuerdo:
Its no wonder developers want £2.50/ m to skim with letting that go , all this public outrage over quality , never hear of a potential customer asking to check a site until the hand over life savings , their suckers and if they wised up it wouldn't happen

Its no wonder developers want £2.50/ m to skim with letting that go , all this public outrage over quality , never hear of a potential customer asking to check a site until the hand over life savings , their suckers and if they wised up it wouldn't happen

houses being snapped up like fuuck aswell mate.
loads going on here.

the joinery is shocking.

houses being snapped up like fuuck aswell mate.
loads going on here.

the joinery is shocking.
Pity the ones who are buying a long term home , but not the ones who are investing for profit , its greed that drives them , its sights like that put me off 30 y ago and kept me in domestic , we're just covering it up so they get away with it

[

This is an important point and deserves its own post , go for it and call out BG (y) but have explained how to check ,,, it's why I use traditional maths and don't trust spirit levels
I already did this long ago. Apparently a parallelogram is acceptable as long as the measurements are within 8mm diagonally from corner to corner.

Pity the ones who are buying a long term home , but not the ones who are investing for profit , its greed that drives them , its sights like that put me off 30 y ago and kept me in domestic , we're just covering it up so they get away with it

my brother bought the biggest type house on this site on first phase skimmed it himself.

I skimmed first 10 on that phase he skimmed nearly rest of them.
the shite we covering everyday is pathetic.

only problem hes had was when he went to New York few years ago for xmas and uncle stayed in his house dog sitting .....pipe came loose and water came down from top floor WC lol

Lol , we've been here before Andy
For the benefit of others...
Flip the top board of a stack over and check its not a parallelogram
To check your hand saw , offer up to the edge of a board and pencil a supposedly square line , flip the saw over and if its bang on it'll be parallel , if its not , 90° is the middle of the two lines , the same can be done with a triangle of board
You can do the same sort of thing with a spirit level if you need to check it

I don’t rule off these modern base coats . This Johnstone’s stuff goes on in two tight coats so just spat it , sponge it then scrape back any high spots . Flat as a witches tit