whos the youngest ??

Members online

Don't.

Used to work with a fella who couldn't read a tape.

I express everything in mm, 3m 85 mm would be 3085.

Three oh Eight Five.

With him, that could be anything. 'Three and eighty-five. Three and Eight five. Three oh eight and one-half. Three metres and three inches.

Fcuking anything. Try handing boards up to a man who shouts measurements like that down to you.

I always go with whatever number is nearest... whether it be inches or mm

I always go with whatever number is nearest... whether it be inches or mm

I use inches for a guess. About a foot, about six inches. There's a six foot timber lying in the skip, isn't there?

MM for whenever something's got to actually fit. I was very surprised last year to find young professionally trained plasterers using inches. I was using mm 30 years ago.

We had a young fella on site who claimed to be a joiner, didn't understand mm and claimed to be working in inches.

We never did find out if that was teh case because the silly boy turned out to be an ardent IRA supporter and - on a site staffed by two ex squaddies - he was running for his life by tea break.

I use inches for a guess. About a foot, about six inches. There's a six foot timber lying in the skip, isn't there?

MM for whenever something's got to actually fit. I was very surprised last year to find young professionally trained plasterers using inches. I was using mm 30 years ago.

We had a young fella on site who claimed to be a joiner, didn't understand mm and claimed to be working in inches.

We never did find out if that was teh case because the silly boy turned out to be an ardent IRA supporter and - on a site staffed by two ex squaddies - he was running for his life by tea break.

Hahahah
I could never see how inches was accurate enough :D

Don't.

Used to work with a fella who couldn't read a tape.

I express everything in mm, 3m 85 mm would be 3085.

Three oh Eight Five.

With him, that could be anything. 'Three and eighty-five. Three and Eight five. Three oh eight and one-half. Three metres and three inches.

Fcuking anything. Try handing boards up to a man who shouts measurements like that down to you.

Don't get me started.

I'm happy with decimal or imperial but my mate doesn't seem to grasp mm so I just shout measurements to him in cm now otherwise I'd end up chucking my hammer at him.
He is a bloody good bloke though :)

Funny one this age, experience thing...

I’ve always said since I started ‘if you’ve been doing it wrong for 30 years it doesn’t make it right’ this rings true time & time again..

I saw it 15 years ago & I see it to this day.

32 but you wouldn’t believe me, you’d want ID [emoji85]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny one this age, experience thing...

I’ve always said since I started ‘if you’ve been doing it wrong for 30 years it doesn’t make it right’ this rings true time & time again..

I saw it 15 years ago & I see it to this day.

32 but you wouldn’t believe me, you’d want ID [emoji85]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
can you use the free bus pass as id