Why is SBR not killing suction

Members online

Fopar

Hi all, just having an issue with the last couple of ceilings that I’ve done and I could do with some input and advise please,

Previously plastered and painted ceilings in fair condition, not big 1&1/2 bags
I Gave them a good coat of neat SBR using a roller and let it pull in, after 20-30mins ceiling looked ready to go, nice shine on it from the SBR so good to go I thought
But first coat pulled in really quick , speed skimmed it and 2nd coat was the same ,
like I’d not even prepped them, ended up laying them down and had to 3rd coat the last ceiling, which I know is naughty as it’s a lot of product.
For you guys out there that use SBR as a pre skim prep,What am I doing wrong?
Thanks Kev

teenager GIF

Hi all, just having an issue with the last couple of ceilings that I’ve done and I could do with some input and advise please,

Previously plastered and painted ceilings in fair condition, not big 1&1/2 bags
I Gave them a good coat of neat SBR using a roller and let it pull in, after 20-30mins ceiling looked ready to go, nice shine on it from the SBR so good to go I thought
But first coat pulled in really quick , speed skimmed it and 2nd coat was the same ,
like I’d not even prepped them, ended up laying them down and had to 3rd coat the last ceiling, which I know is naughty as it’s a lot of product.
For you guys out there that use SBR as a pre skim prep,What am I doing wrong?
Thanks Kev
Brand?

Don't fully seal until dry.
Product needs to harden by drying to create a seal.
i would seal. 24 inch fan to dry off quicker. Another coat and when tacky skim.

One thing though. I don't think plaster sticks better when tacky Vs dry. Watch the the test on YouTube