Winter sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niro06

Been at this game for 25 years and still amazes me how a perfectly good nice flat and smooth stud wall can look so fecking bad with the sun shining at 90 degrees to it, feels fine and looks fine in normal light but looks like a kids done it with the sun on it!

Lol i was gonna post this the other day.... winds you up dont it lol but only a spread will know and understand when the sun strikes.

did a large ceiling the other day and they built a feature coming down in the middle only a 5" drop tray rouund the perimeter then lights in the tray shineing directly up onto it.....only 5" from my freshly painted plaster, it felt lovley looked perfect then turn the lights on:RpS_cursing:

What a load of ruff c***s , get a 500W floor standing halogen lamp, position it at the angle of " truth" on walls( for ceiings wack a 4" nail in and hang the lamp on to hyper exagerate the plastering work) .Trowel up with this, you may not get things spot on, but at least when the sun comes around, you know what to expect. .....

Another tip..consider the aspect of each room , determine how each wall and ceiling will be affected by sun light before you start plastering. If the sun comes in through a window and high lights the ceiling.Try to do you last two or three passes in the direction of the light,that is to say cross trowel into the window not at 90 degrees to it. Your work may not be perfect but blemishes will be less defined by the sun light.

Last edited:
Lol...............................I'm not saying it never happens to me either:-0, just try to think about the lighting in a room and set up accordingly:RpS_thumbup:

Lol...............................I'm not saying it never happens to me either:-0, just try to think about the lighting in a room and set up accordingly:RpS_thumbup:

That is so true, and even banning of your trusty halogen, does not mean you should not consider walls and ceilings that may be subject to sun light and cross trowel accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.