You tube plasterers??

Members online

Join the club mate f**k it I can’t be f**k*d anymore pissed off with the trade anyway been snowed off all week thinking about going shelve stacking in tescos!

count yourself lucky ive gotta stud plaster fix little door and arcs tomorrow.......and im shite at all 4.
my plan was to put a little cage across the front with a parrott inside or monkey or something.
she thought i was joking.
20180302_193247.jpg

wish me luck @Vincey xx

No Mr Taylor, people can't watch you tube and become a plasterer. If they are good with their hands, they can get an idea of what to do, but plastering is a craft earnt by hundreds or thousands of hours to get it right. I know I'm not he best plasterer ever, but I'm damn decent, well above average, and I know the work I used to turn out when I was learning, at the time thought it was real good, but lookin back, f**k wouldn't do now. You tube no good, only experience on trowel

I remember reading a Malcolm Gladwell book and there was something about a 10,000 hour rule .

I remember reading a Malcolm Gladwell book and there was something about a 10,000 hour rule .
Based on 8 hours a day, 5 days a week that’s only 3 years. Suppose if you’re doing the same thing every day then you would be an expert.

No Mr Taylor, people can't watch you tube and become a plasterer. If they are good with their hands, they can get an idea of what to do, but plastering is a craft earnt by hundreds or thousands of hours to get it right. I know I'm not he best plasterer ever, but I'm damn decent, well above average, and I know the work I used to turn out when I was learning, at the time thought it was real good, but lookin back, f**k wouldn't do now. You tube no good, only experience on trowel

Nice to come across another bloke
That knows what he is talking about..
Respect..

Maybe am just Gifted. And think it's piss easy to do. Seen jobs iv did when I was 16 still look good. I even seen coin stones I did when I was 17 they look great.

Theclemo born with a trowel.

Maybe am just Gifted. And think it's piss easy to do. Seen jobs iv did when I was 16 still look good. I even seen coin stones I did when I was 17 they look great.

Theclemo born with a trowel.

hopefully you'l watch youtube today and learn how to get out of bed and score in italy tonight lol

No chance can you learn from YouTube. I've had agency spreads on site with me. Trowelling across beads, bells on the bottoms of walls, trowel marks everywhere, corners like they finished them with a spoon. I am like pal trowel up the beads, you got hollows everywhere and watch the bottoms of your walls or the chippies gonna kick off. Probably went to the school of YouTube. Oh and ask them to render then the fun really begins lol [emoji3]

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

My dishwasher nearly complete, let’s see what @algeeman gets done tomorrow with the budgie box thing
Can’t beat plasterers doing stuff at home lol

Mate of mine lived in a house of boards. He was actually a plasterer. He'd boarded it, then his mrs moved the furniture in and he could never be arsed to move it back out. So boards it was.

Then there's Ken-Dog the roofer.

Tiled his kitchen with Welsh slate (looks shite). But that doesn't matter because when his van got full, he started using his living room and then his kitchen as a yard. Now he sleeps in the bedroom, eats in the chippy and sits in the pub.

Old boy I know whose a gold cscs card holder with the same city and guilds as me.
He's as rough as fcuking toast.
An eye for detail and a decent set of standards can't really be taught anywhere, like most crafts some are born with a natural aptitude and some will never be any good at it while they've got a hole in their ar5e.

Screenshot_2018-02-26-16-24-04-1.png

I've worked with a man, early 40s, at it from he left school, done apprenticeship through college, gold card, can't coat remotely even. Skimming is rough, rubbing is rough, beading is bad. Mustn't have an eye for detail at all. Tbh some of his skimming is crazy bad, like can't understand how he doesn't be pulled on his quality.

Old boy I know whose a gold cscs card holder with the same city and guilds as me.
He's as rough as fcuking toast.
An eye for detail and a decent set of standards can't really be taught anywhere, like most crafts some are born with a natural aptitude and some will never be any good at it while they've got a hole in their ar5e.

View attachment 22065
Very true m8 a cscs card counts for f**k all unless you have the natural ability..
Plastering is a gift I’ve worked with very good natural young lads and rough as f**k older lads who have been shite all their life’s and just there to make up the numbers..

Oh the joys , little conversation with a customer,
Oh right ok mate , a legend :endesacuerdo:

F3071970-1938-43E5-B4D0-DC74CD8C622E.jpeg

Tbh no I don’t think I would be :descansando: