Your best Job Of 2018

Not done a single job all year that im proud of or anything special or out of the ordinary!

2018 has been manic and a chore from start to finish!

Did a render job this year. Did coin stones free hand and patent reveals as well. And old school wetdash. My mate said to me when we drove out the gate I don't even look at the job. I just looked at him and said. Tbh I don't give a f**k. He said u don't see meny plasterers able to do that anymore. I just said am here for the money nothing else. He bust out laughing and said you're a tramp.

IMG-20180912-WA0007.jpg

Did you do the floors? Wasnt a dig at you. Its just i noticed teh small gaps. Its either the screed or upstairs floor sank
Yes mate did the floors, that by the feature wall runs right down an 8*2 that was levelled and straight so not sure about the gap, my partner did the skirts so maybe just needed forcing down to hold the laminate down...probably only 2mm but enough for a reaction. As I said will get a tiny pine trim and sort it.

Yes mate did the floors, that by the feature wall runs right down an 8*2 that was levelled and straight so not sure about the gap, my partner did the skirts so maybe just needed forcing down to hold the laminate down...probably only 2mm but enough for a reaction. As I said will get a tiny pine trim and sort it.

When you say you did the floors, was it screed? If so, next time use a laser level and strike a chalk line right around the room and work till that. Youll have a nice continuous line where you wont notice any ips or bumps at the bottom of the wall. As long as ya got paid is all that matters haha

When you say you did the floors, was it screed? If so, next time use a laser level and strike a chalk line right around the room and work till that. Youll have a nice continuous line where you wont notice any ips or bumps at the bottom of the wall. As long as ya got paid is all that matters haha
It was a loft conversion so is all new 8*2's overlapping on the central wall. Got paid and another loft conversion in April from the photos on customers Facebook. I agree with @Rossi46 was an ever so slightly niggle that I'll sort out but overall a very nice job and very happy people

Much for the machine and do ya get more done with it?
Second hand they rarely come up but ones that have are £4000 ish mate , tbf think most on here could hand apply a good sized area but it’s took out that physical application completely, at 43 years old is exactly what I need mate
Still have to finish and clean up though as normal.

Flow screeds you’d probably find one very helpful to tbf as you do a good variety of different work than me , pre bagged slightly more costly but on big areas might be worth a look into too

Did a render job this year. Did coin stones free hand and patent reveals as well. And old school wetdash. My mate said to me when we drove out the gate I don't even look at the job. I just looked at him and said. Tbh I don't give a f**k. He said u don't see meny plasterers able to do that anymore. I just said am here for the money nothing else. He bust out laughing and said you're a tramp.

View attachment 29602
G**

Got to be honest but I’d be disappointed with the gaps in that finished floor. Just saying
View attachment 29565View attachment 29566
please @Lodan ignore the brexit disappointed @Rossi46 , who's horse May is tired and can't deliver the fake victory he is hoping for, which puts him in the majority that voted and classified them selfs as stupid 2 years ago. He is a moaner....... remoaner ......moaner ...... remoaner ........ it's time to get on with it rossi :fuckyou:

Give @Lodan a break you wankers. Work looks great. Isn’t a screed. I bet it’s the skirting isn’t perfectly straight.

When i lay skirting every half meter or so put a bar and ur weight on it to push it to floor before tac it. As skirting often is bit bowed

Minor issue. Great work
You might as well scribe the c**t in instead of putting your weight on and twisting the material for no good reason.
Wankers lol

FFS please don't start an argument about me that I'm not even in, I just can't take it....yes it could have been scribed that would have been right but it will be sorted it's a nice job and I enjoyed it and the customer is over the moon. Any comments anyone has are noted and I don't mind them

FFS please don't start an argument about me that I'm not even in, I just can't take it....yes it could have been scribed that would have been right but it will be sorted it's a nice job and I enjoyed it and the customer is over the moon. Any comments anyone has are noted and I don't mind them
Mate you're a rough c**t, but going fishing more often will make you better.
Although it didn't work for me:rolleyes:

Mate you're a rough c**t, but going fishing more often will make you better.
Although it didn't work for me:rolleyes:
I know and one day I'll have time to go fishing again....just not today or tomorrow or th day after ad infinitum

Yes twisting the timber is a great way to do it, what's next airbending? :frenetico:

Lol. To be fair, I'm out of touch with it now as prefer the easy skimming life but used to do full refurbs regular, plastering, tiling, flooring, coving, skirting, architrave, painting, the lot. Earned some nice money actually, looking back, had a golden spark and gas on board.

Can't be arsed digging through all the pics but heres a few, can see the skirting on there.

Real timber isn't always planed perfectly, so the floor can be 100% but there will be slight gaps when the skirting is laid down. So, you put weight when laying it, to correct it. So you end up with no gaps.

Unless theres another method I don't know about? make the screed higher and lower to allow for the skirting lol?

@ChrispyUK you like this sort of shite don't ya? refurbs?
a.png
b.png
c.png
d.png
e.png
f.png

fghh.png

Lol. To be fair, I'm out of touch with it now as prefer the easy skimming life but used to do full refurbs regular, plastering, tiling, flooring, coving, skirting, architrave, painting, the lot. Earned some nice money actually, looking back, had a golden spark and gas on board.

Can't be arsed digging through all the pics but heres a few, can see the skirting on there.

Real timber isn't always planed perfectly, so the floor can be 100% but there will be slight gaps when the skirting is laid down. So, you put weight when laying it, to correct it. So you end up with no gaps.

Unless theres another method I don't know about? make the screed higher and lower to allow for the skirting lol?

@ChrispyUK you like this sort of shite don't ya? refurbs?View attachment 29657View attachment 29658View attachment 29659View attachment 29660View attachment 29661View attachment 29662
View attachment 29664
Some nicely done work there mate, I won't comment anymore on here about people's ability on wood butchering as seems to me each to their own, you're quite right as long as they paid up and happy who cares. I hang my head in shame trying to criticize any on here or giving shady advice out on the basics. If i find the time I might even go to evening school to get up to date on wood butchering.

Some nicely done work there mate, I won't comment anymore on here about people's ability on wood butchering as seems to me each to their own, you're quite right as long as they paid up and happy who cares. I hang my head in shame trying to criticize any on here or giving shady advice out on the basics. If i find the time I might even go to evening school to get up to date on wood butchering.

w**k*r lol