advice for complaint

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolineh

hello. i saw this forum when looking for advice on complaining and joined up. could you tell me is there a trade assosiation that you all must join when you are plasterers. i am looking to complain about a plasterer but dont know who to complain to. i have spoken to the trading standards in liverpool but they will not help me they just said they would record my complaint but would not tell if there had also been more about him only when they have a certain numebr will they speak to him. is there a body that you join. thansk.

Unfortunately we are not governed in the way electricians and plumbers are. These days everyone is a plasterer. What is the problem with the job, someone may be able to point you in the right direction.

Sorry No there is no company or governing body for plasterers , Its one of the reasons there is thousands making a living from it when to be honest they cant even hold trowel correctly , only people/organisations is trading standards and to be honest they cant do much .

thanks. i thought you migt have had to join the city and guilds plastering part. the trading standards said that you should be in the city and guilds. he has just left shoddy work, when he left it looked good but when it dried there were all marks on the big walls and like brusk / scuff marks on the joins. and i think he overcharged for thwe work but thats my fault for not checking

to be honest if you couldn't see marks when it was wet you wont see them when painted , price wise and what you paid was down to you personally . Hope it paints ok

There alot of bad ones out there and it's them that screw up everyone that puts blood sweat n tears into there work next time if I was u ask if they have a portfolio or some thing

Brush marks? Are they in the internal angles?

Have you got a letterhead, if so he may have a trade organisation logo on there.

when the plastering was dark i couldnt see what are like lines on the plaster and the scuff marks are were the walls join and also the ceiling join if that makes sense and bye the plugs. i got him from gumtree and i phoned them firt to complain and they said to phone trading standard. hes not in there anymore. i will put it down to a bad experience and hope that the decorater will be able to make it look better. his phone just rings through when phoned up. i paid £200 and he was there for a day doing a small bedroom walls and ceiling. my friend paid a plasterer £120 and he was there for two days and it is a very good job but i didnt know this until after mine. he was just unprofessional and my teenager daughter has since told me he kept looking at her. thanks for the responses.

I would paint it first as it can be quite deceiving looking at fresh plaster and the way it dries. If still not happy contact the plasterer and ask them to come back to rectify the works.

when the plastering was dark i couldnt see what are like lines on the plaster and the scuff marks are were the walls join and also the ceiling join if that makes sense and bye the plugs. i got him from gumtree and i phoned them firt to complain and they said to phone trading standard. hes not in there anymore. i will put it down to a bad experience and hope that the decorater will be able to make it look better. his phone just rings through when phoned up. i paid £200 and he was there for a day doing a small bedroom walls and ceiling. my friend paid a plasterer £120 and he was there for two days and it is a very good job but i didnt know this until after mine. he was just unprofessional and my teenager daughter has since told me he kept looking at her. thanks for the responses.
Them prices are very cheap and gumtree is not the place to look for tradesman i'm afraid.

okay. thanks. i just phoned the one addvert so i didnt know that it was cheap anyway, is that my freinds that is cheap? i just wanted him to come back and make it look better but after asking him once he doesnt answer the mobile and that is all that i have. he came in his car because his van was in the garage so he didnt have any business cards. if i ever get any again i will take the advice you have given about the portfolio and hopefully if i pay more i will get better quality of work and not shoddy work, thanks for the advice this is a good forum.

I would say both prices were cheap but some may say different. A good painter will be able to fix it anyway.

he was creepy. i didnt know until after he left and after i couldnt contact him and when i got off the phone to trading standards and then she said. but he wont answer his phone anyway so he will not be coming back. i thought i could report his bad work to someone so he would be warned so that others will not have the bad work. but it was cheap anyway from the other replies and the work not too bad so i will just leave it. thanks

Sorry to hear of your bad experience Caroline and I know its a bit late now but next time contact the forum and there will be somebody on here tried and tested who can help you next time :RpS_thumbup:

Sorry to hear of your bad experience Caroline and I know its a bit late now but next time contact the forum and there will be somebody on here tried and tested who can help you next time :RpS_thumbup:
i bet there is a few blokes on here wondering if it was them who did her job:-0

Give it a mist coat first. Then have a look over it again. Youll probably find it doesnt look anywhere near as bad. Dont do any filling until the mist coat

As beddy said, don't do anything until a mist coat has been done, any sanding you try and do before will only damage the plaster further.

But any good decorator will be able to git rid of any plastering imperfections.

you shouldnt have to ask a decorator to correct brush marks, tram lines or whatever. no matter what the price. no wonder theres no governing body. have you thought about calling the police ... :RpS_unsure:

you shouldnt have to ask a decorator to correct brush marks, tram lines or whatever. no matter what the price. no wonder theres no governing body. have you thought about calling the police ... :RpS_unsure:

Do you ask a builder to re-build a wall if it's not level? No you just get it right with your plastering!

You shouldn't jurek but it might be the easiest way to solve this problem. Youre hardly going to get him back to sort it if hes shite. Good luck getting money back.

Status
Not open for further replies.