Best solution to clean old plaster off trowls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky4

Hi folks,is there any easier way or any great solution that cleans down stainless-steel plastering trowls?I've got a build up of old crap from over the years on the back of me trowl that seems to stay on,thanks

soak it over the weekend in tap water, brand new monday morning

dont put the handle under water though cos it'll fill up and you wont be able to grip

Labourer and a pack of sandpaper and a tin of elbow grease:RpS_thumbsup:
Or even better, don't let you're tools get that bad in the first place, a little tlc now and then keeps them clean:RpS_angry:

Soak in water as long as you can, left mine in water whilst on holidays. Dirt just wipes off and they look new.

Use a Sharp wood chissel to scrape the worst off then sand the rest to clean the handle hot soapy water and be careful

Last edited:
Like gibbo just clean them as u go. If it comes to it a scraper and sandpaper and if it gets really bad belle sell a non acidic spray for cleaning tools

a piece of wet sandstone plenty of water on trowel as you scrub take care not to cut yourself on trowel edge

Overnight is not long enough if it's filthy. As many nights as you can, if you have two trowels. ThIs shouldnt be a problem. Then wipe it an finish with wd40

thanks folks,any proper solutions out there?i've tried hot soapy water a few times,but took a while to clean,wonder if there's a better quicker fix?

The way I was taught was to use a little piece of brick and a bit of sand, lay the trowel flat and put a bit of sand on it, then rub away with the brick. In 5 minutes you can have it looking like new

if it's that bad then it might be in a hell of a state!! and create lines in your plasterwork due to the trowel being bent etc.. so it might be better for you to buy a new one and keep it clean!! everytime you put the new trowel down clean it with a brush in a bucket of water and you'll have no problems!!! :RpS_lol:

Try a decorators razor blade scraper after soaking..works a treat. BE FOOKING CAREFUL as if not obvious. Failing that C4 plastic explosive works a treat!!!!!!

Is this thread still going?!? Get a stanley blade scraper and it gets you're trowel looking brand new in about 2 minutes.

bset thing to do is sling the trowel in the bin and stay at home all day and wank the dog off

Status
Not open for further replies.