brush v sponge =Sponge is king

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
for all you plasterers who still use a brush , ever tried using a sponge for your finish?? i`v been plastering for 15 years and the last 10 i`v used a sponge , it allows you to put more plaster on at the same time, cuts out jumping about like an idiot and gives a much better finish, it puts your corners in nice and straight and its easy to use, no more water marks on a finished wall for a much neater job :RpS_wink:

If it works for you mate great ,but it,s not for everyone .I do two coat ,it suits me ,but i do get pissed off with guys saying one coat sponge is no good ,seen sponge work and no one will tell the difference when it,s done right .I sub work out to sponge plasterers !

Two coat, no sponge. Done properly and professionally.

Glad this is in the DIY part of the forum.

Ok

Two coat, no sponge. Done properly and professionally.

Glad this is in the DIY part of the forum.
I get what you's are saying but I know for a fact I could put more plaster on than any of you who still use a brush, not because I'm a better plasterer purely down to the sponge , fair enough you might get a perfect finish all I'm saying is it makes it easier for you so wind your neck in and stop takin offence , and listen I'm no DIYer I'm a pro just tryin to pass on tips on this part of the sight

Always one coat mate with a sponge I can knock a 3 bagger up and put it all on in 1 with 1 coat and a sponge just make sure the plaster is slightly thicker than u would usually make it bud

If you can't tell the difference why would you sub out to sponge plasterers mate? I'm not on here to argue with other plasterers just to share my tips and hopefully learn some my self

I always 1 coat with a sponge just make the plaster slightly thicker than u usually would after a few mixes you'l get used to it , I swear by it mate it's much easier on your arm as well , just spread it on the wall flatten it out wait 20 minutes then sponge and plasterers instinct will kick for how your gonna finish it

I get what you's are saying but I know for a fact I could put more plaster on than any of you who still use a brush, not because I'm a better plasterer purely down to the sponge , fair enough you might get a perfect finish all I'm saying is it makes it easier for you so wind your neck in and stop takin offence , and listen I'm no DIYer I'm a pro just tryin to pass on tips on this part of the sight
i use a brush and you think you could get more on than me how do you know bit of a statement when you dont know any of us

Ceevee if you walk out the door and happen to land in the real world you might notice it comes down to the individual plasterer.....I do apologise for that bold statement and hope you all carry on thinking you are amazing

All the best
David

But whats the point?

Do a one coat so you can get more on? Why?

Oh yeah thats right...so eventually we all have to get more on for the same money thereby driving prices down EVEN FURTHER...Great!

As i stated earlier it,s not for me but i have used guys that do it and it looked great ,and i,m one fussing git ,the houses at the time were £Imil ago ,its down to the plasterer 2 coat /1 coat

do you get any tiger stripes putting more on in one coat or does the sponge alleviate any chance of it happening??

when you trowel up and you have hollow stripes that you cant fill in.....looks abit like streaky bacon but doesnt taste as good

I so hate being wrong.......tried one coat sponging today on some large reveals....turned out mint.....:RpS_thumbsup:

Why use a sponge anyway, just one coat & trowel as normal.
Go over tapes & beads first then just put it on a bit thicker.
That's what I was told by a top class Sicilian spread!! :RpS_biggrin:

:RpS_thumbup:

Sponging just wastes more time you daywork fcukers :flapper:

Status
Not open for further replies.