brush v sponge =Sponge is king

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not tried them on anything else yet. I don't like flattening with them, just in conjunction with the sponge.

Only tried em on multi too. Currier uses them on board finish I hear.

I bought the four foot spat but can't get on with it. I guess I'm waiting for the day I can justify buying a ritmo...

you can only get away with sponge work if the background is flat, 1 coat sponge that is, if its too uneven its just hard work and only shaves off around 20 mins over all time than 2 coat, if you actually work it out( me and mate done side by side 1 and 2 coat) i like a nice big hit in morning with 2 coat, then an easier 2nd in afternoon with a 1 coat sponge if doable. plus, you cant put as much on with 1 coat than you can 2!

I wonder if the sponging plasterers and the sanding plasterers joined forces would the be a bigger group than the ones who do it correctly.just be careful with which you use to was your van...

Come on mate they do the same job u use them both for finishing ,I know not a lot of people use sponges but you really can put more on with one , I got showed the way 10 years ago , go on try it you might even like it ;)

Do u dip ur sponge in water and rub up the wall as you would with a devil float ?

Im gonna try it singing will take any tips that makes my job a little bit easier as I still seem to have to rush like mad all the time. Cheers so do you do it on your second coat just as it's pulling in

we had two blokes doing flats in 1 coat and you could tell they did it as they trowel with the fat and it looked shite
could not see the point of it as you rush about more.
and it looks a cu*t when the light shines down the wall
1 coat is a lazy fu*ckers way of working

Funny that you could get 2 blokes 2 coating, ones is full of stripes and misses and the other is perfect, you just sound like another hero you get on site who's probably **** you inexperienced knob jockey

Spunky has only come back for the G** section......................:RpS_thumbsup:

My phone won't let me on here I've nabbed the littleuns iPad which gets harder because there growing up and if anyone wants to pm me a pic of their penis I could have a wank on it and send it back to you covered in cum if you like?

Status
Not open for further replies.