Dryliner/boarding rate

Status
Not open for further replies.
You live and learn, mate. He was a fkin cowboy. Loads more drywalls . Even the ones he's done look like they're fkin countersunk. Could come down anytime. Good luck.

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Oh dear oh deary deary me sad times, take them off and start again try and salvage what you can to re use on cuts if. Not the final finish will be bad and twice as hard and if I was skimming it twice as much.

I can't take them down and redo do it as I would have to do it myself and I can't do a 3m high ceiling on my own with big boards, i get arm pump even with 2 people.

I thought i'd:

1) where possible replace badly measured boards.

2) Fill small gaps with easifill and scrim

3) Fill large gaps with slithers of board and scrim and or adhesive into position

4) generally make good before plastering skimming.

Forget easy fill get yourself some wide fibre tape or maybe TV10 lol tape the joints and fill out with bonding or even drywall adhesive then pva before you skim, also you need more screws but try not to puncture the board and remove the ones that have missed.

when i've put up boards onto walls and ceilings in the past i'll mark the ceiling or floor in the middle of the joist then get a straight edge and run a pencil line so I know that the screws are in the dead middle of the board. I would think a stringline would be a better method but I don't have one :)

Now.. he didn't do this, he relied on site. I thought 'ah well, you can do that if you're a pro and been doing it for ages' but there was an area when we started doing the kitchen where he drove about 5 screws into the board before I had to interject and say the joist is about 50 mm back from the screw holes you've created. I called it a night after that as the kitchen ceiling has a lot of electric cables and plaster plumbing and being a 2300mm ceiling with help with a couple trestles I will give it a go myself.

Forget easy fill get yourself some wide fibre tape or maybe TV10 lol tape the joints and fill out with bonding or even drywall adhesive then pva before you skim, also you need more screws but try not to puncture the board and remove the ones that have missed.

Thanks.

I don't think the gapes are bigger than 30 mm so the tape will be ok ,haha.

I have spare Drywall adhesive so I will go with that, followed by scrim and some pva before skimming.

Screws - Yeah, I plan to remove the dodgy countersunk ones (his screwgun kept jamming so he'd take the front of screwgun off to use the screwdriver to drive them in) and drive them in the way I was taught which is just so the head of the screw pierces the paper.

This isn't a guy out of the yellow pages, he is a neighbour so telling him hes not getting paid isn't an option, its £50 not £500. Just happy I didn't go with the offer of everything on a price.

Anyway.. off to the house now for an evening of making good, perhaps I should send him an invoice when i am done for £50 :)

This isn't a guy out of the yellow pages, he is a neighbour so telling him hes not getting paid isn't an option, its £50 not £500. Just happy I didn't go with the offer of everything on a price.

Anyway.. off to the house now for an evening of making good, perhaps I should send him an invoice when i am done for £50 :)
thats the spirit :RpS_thumbup:

I would have raided his arsehole with a stick n shoved some some drywall in it for good measure ,a boards a board 12.5 or 15 mm I could av cut it better than that with a cheese knife ! And put the screws in better with a crossbow !Your best rid off him mate neighbour or not hes a liability .if your struggling with lifting the boards to do it buy a board hoist around 100 so you don't have to struggle you can always sell it on after just a thought

That was the only high ceiling the rest shouldn't be too bad and I doubt mind doing it myself, still was a pain to spend all of yesterday evening fixing it. But its ok now.

I pushed in a load of drywall adhesive into the big gaps and will give them a fine lick of easifill later before scrimming.

He even popped over yesterday, walked in when I had one of the boards down to replace, asked if I wanted to do some boarding tomorrow and I replied "well, i have to repair the ceiling first, might take some time"... "ahh ok mate, **** hot, let me know when bud". I don't think he really got the fact that I am repairing his work through his lack of being able to use a tape measure :)

That was the only high ceiling the rest shouldn't be too bad and I doubt mind doing it myself, still was a pain to spend all of yesterday evening fixing it. But its ok now.

I pushed in a load of drywall adhesive into the big gaps and will give them a fine lick of easifill later before scrimming.

He even popped over yesterday, walked in when I had one of the boards down to replace, asked if I wanted to do some boarding tomorrow and I replied "well, i have to repair the ceiling first, might take some time"... "ahh ok mate, **** hot, let me know when bud". I don't think he really got the fact that I am repairing his work through his lack of being able to use a tape measure :)

You should have dropped the board on the ***** foot herds

"If you thinks it's expensive to hire a professional ,wait till you hire amateur "

The bitterness of poor quality remains, long
after the sweetness of low price is forgotten

And he probably arrived fresh from his coarse proud as punch with his hand board , if I told you I was a brain surgeon ,would you let me operate on your head? #beware of coarsers and chancers with hand board .

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App
Gucci said that

Status
Not open for further replies.