Patress Patch

Members online

Jakeyg

Hi all, I’m a local plasterer to the Gloucestershire area. Have been plastering for the best part of 20 years now. Through the first lockdown with not a great deal to do I put my mind to work to think if there was anything that would make life easier for our trade, as we all know, every days a challenge!! After nearly 2 years it is now patent pending and I’d like to share it with you all. Good or Bad, all feedback will be great fully received as in the next few months it would be ideal to finalise the patent documents. Cheers for taking the time to read this.
Jake

Attachments

• George, Jake - Pattress Patch Concept Development.pdf
    9.2 MB · Views: 239
Hi all, I’m a local plasterer to the Gloucestershire area. Have been plastering for the best part of 20 years now. Through the first lockdown with not a great deal to do I put my mind to work to think if there was anything that would make life easier for our trade, as we all know, every days a challenge!! After nearly 2 years it is now patent pending and I’d like to share it with you all. Good or Bad, all feedback will be great fully received as in the next few months it would be ideal to finalise the patent documents. Cheers for taking the time to read this.
Jake
Pondering Season 9 GIF by The Office

Hi all I’m new to this site and want you all to gullibly down load something on to your mini filing cabinet of important stuff to your life …
Season 4 Episode 3 GIF by The Office

Good point Monkey Boy, and I fell for it, but luckily the OP seems to be a straight up guy.
Jakey, well done for having a go but save your money
- Patents cost serious money and the chinese immediately copy and rip off if something take off. The moulding costs for this would cost a lot even for just one, not several different designs. (I'm basing this on info from someone who got all of the dragons to say yes, then didn 't take them up on the offer - and is still in business)
Technically;
3mm thick on plasterboard leaves nothing for the skim,
modern housing standards require airtight fits around pattresses, yours may or may not do that but really the gap should be filled solid.
There are already pattress sized reusable boxes on the market that can be put into the box and filled around/skimmed past and taken out afterwards.
sods law says the ceiling hole fitting won't fit.
The poly- snap version creates a lot of wastage from the cut hole etc - a continous adhesive strip that could be cut and stuck on around would be easier - isn't that two layers of joint tape? - or tape with holes from a purveyor on here?

Sorry that's a lot of negatives but I'd hate to see you spend a lot more on going further.

Agree with @Brimstone. There are already at least a couple of very similar products on the market so you likely will not get the patent. Beadmaster product is one to have a look at. Don't give up though but you may need something a bit more original.

Jake

Nice trowel.

You selling them too?