Plasterers money

Yet again keep seeing adverts for plasterers in London 160-170 a day, 120 is low so as 170. London is the worst place sometimes to be a tradie.
I was told a while back by a Chippie on one job that 120 a day was in the 90s money and times have moved on

Yet again keep seeing adverts for plasterers in London 160-170 a day, 120 is low so as 170. London is the worst place sometimes to be a tradie.

Yes but London property prices are sky high, you can't get about, hardly anyone speaks English and it's full of refugees.

I wouldn't live there if you paid me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes but London property prices are sky high, you can't get about, hardly anyone speaks English and it's full of refugees.

I wouldn't live there if you paid me.
It's how you looking at it really. I love-hate it tbh. I love the buzz, I love the all kind of different foods it offers, love the pubs.
There are good places and bad ones to live just like in every other place. It's what you make of it. I hate the traffic, the constant rip off by congestion charge and parking etc

Yet, people always find someone to do it for less.
Agree mate and if you got kids house van ect to run it's a tough market and at that money I have a sneaky feeling it be like one of them blokes who feel they doing you a favour by giving you work and it's 8-5

It's how you looking at it really. I love-hate it tbh. I love the buzz, I love the all kind of different foods it offers, love the pubs.
There are good places and bad ones to live just like in every other place. It's what you make of it. I hate the traffic, the constant rip off by congestion charge and parking etc
Grew up in south east London all my life and worked in London for years now live just outside where I grew up and never work up town in a sense of central London I go into battersea Brixton Stockwell Vauxhall but no further as just them places drive me insane no parking loads of traffic I hate public transport with a passion now to costly and unreliable

Grew up in south east London all my life and worked in London for years now live just outside where I grew up and never work up town in a sense of central London I go into battersea Brixton Stockwell Vauxhall but no further as just them places drive me insane no parking loads of traffic I hate public transport with a passion now to costly and unreliable
Lol, no further, that's far enough in my books(y)

f**k that, up north any day. Just drove hour an half today with mrs and boys up to the Lake District 70 mile away, and that traffic was bad enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Joys of being brought up down south and I know no different really I lived on coast for a while and was 60 miles just to get to boarders of London I loved it down there but all my work was in London so had to move back as nearly killed myself falling asleep on m25 a few times ain't to bad at min cos kids are off yet the highways agency have decided that it's the best time to do roadworks and now I get stuck in that every morning at the minute bollox ain't it

I don't know a man getting 120 a day off another plasterer for a days work,rates like that don't exist over here,best payed men r on 100 a day,that's top rate for working for another subbie

I don't know a man getting 120 a day off another plasterer for a days work,rates like that don't exist over here,best payed men r on 100 a day,that's top rate for working for another subbie

Whereabouts are u based?.

I get between 120 to 150 . That's turn up at 7 30 leave just before 4 . Put bout 5 bags on can't grumble really . Worked down London once went for week came back after 3 days . Couldn't cope . Kid I was with said it's in next village . 40 fricking mins to get a few miles. Now I normal drive no further then 30 mins . Just right for van to warm me up in winter . and never leave Yorkshire.

I pay my labourer 120 a day but I can earn 500+ plus most days, he will be getting a pay cut this week,times are hard lol.

There is a gang that does houses for the firm i sub off when the program gets tight 1 gaffa and six minions they did a 4 bed town house in a day yesterday which takes 52 bags he pays the minions 150 each and the house is worth 2480

There is a gang that does houses for the firm i sub off when the program gets tight 1 gaffa and six minions they did a 4 bed town house in a day yesterday which takes 52 bags he pays the minions 150 each and the house is worth 2480
Good business model that

this is how i grew up plastering.....wiping out huge plots in a day.
hungry young lads grafting sand and cement 1 day skim the next.
gaffa took the cream.
£150 at 20 years old was good.
3 flats a day skimmed or rendering blocks of flats in a week.

forced to learn how to plaster with endless hours.
also learnt how to earn (y)

I pay my labourer 120 a day but I can earn 500+ plus most days, he will be getting a pay cut this week,times are hard lol.
I'd be a labourer for that doe although I had a 41 year old bloke help me the other day and he was useless No tools couldn't cut a board s**t at cleaning up don't drive loves a beer still lives at home with his mum no ambition and he been with his brother in law working for 15 years the mind boggles at times I love it when labourers get the hump and say do it yourself and you show them up plenty of times on jobs if labourer ain't turned in I drop back and do it (age thing cos blokes I work with are older) and day seems to fly by just can't get some to understand they gotta be 2 steps ahead always a job to do

ive seen our old gang when full on put 34 bags on in a gauge.. 3 labourers and 8 spreads.
hotel in chelsea "jurys in"
3 of them a day gaffa made a killing.
rates better back then aswell.

I done a bit for drywall solutions in the recession all foreigners and they get best pick of houses/flats cos the supervisor is normally their mate they go in gangs of about 6/7 only 2 can really do it and rest just put on and they trowel up and they do a house a day think they called slave masters or something the one that really broke me was when a gang of Russians turned up and had a bit of ply to an ironing board as a spot board and stand and all had suitcases as tool bags it was a real low moment for me to see this allowed on site as I was trained differently and felt this was an insult to us who had done our "time" and since then never done a day on site