Don't worry about me guys...

The roofer mate has come up with a plan of attack:

1. pva the wall 10.1
2. bitumen
3. felt membrane to allow the wall to breath
4. wickes one coat with waterproofer
5. leave overnight then mist coat.
definitely a piss take here, what does the dentist say

John ,to think we were all going to sort this one :RpS_bored: the team are ready and waiting :RpS_thumbsup: for our next mission

Final question then we can put this to bed till i start doing it..

..Why go to the effort of making an SBR slurry mix which invloves mixing cement-sbr-sand.... when you can buy tub of all in one tanking slurry.. and from what I understand Tanking slurry is what is used in heavy duty waterproofing jobs so therefore tanking slurry is more heavy duty than SBR Slurry. I don't see why SBR is recommended here over tanking slurry.

..hope that makes sense :D

We could have put this to bed after the 5th post herds.................:RpS_wink:
The SBR slurry is just to provide a key over the old dusty brickwork. The tanking slurry is a waterproof cementious mixture that is part of a tanking system

:RpS_crying::RpS_crying::RpS_crying:...........can someone please make him stop...............:RpS_crying::RpS_crying:.........please

Pmsl arti!.......:RpS_laugh::RpS_laugh::RpS_laugh::RpS_laugh:.

.just one more question? Do you have the patience of a saint?:RpS_lol:

Cheers :)

By the time i'm finished you can print this thread and publish it as "an idiots guide to waterproofing"

Would appreciate my photo on the back of the book.

17942d1143643348-yocal-characters-co-local.jpg

I swear to the almighty creator that this is the final question in what was called the 'thread of the year 2012' by a man.

Do I need to put the slurry and render on around the walls under the suspended floor? i.e. remove the floor boards around the areas that are to be sbr'd and rendered and start from the lowest point on the wall possible upwards?

Cheers

NO, you just need to do the area that is part of the used wall.As in the wall that is above the joists, the rest is immaterial .If the floor boards are the end point or start point then thats where you slurry and render from....

Are you still on that fewking bay window job herds??........................:RpS_laugh:

haha... which I was paying myself by the hour, i maybe slow but at i'm damn expensive.

I did have a guy at work that wanted me to skim his bedroom... I gave him a pros number.

progress:

Couple coats of SBR:Cement:Sand and SBR:Cement applied.. not sure what the white stuff was after it dried, salt?

20130302_113354.jpg

Limelite scratch coat, jewsons raped me on this, about £28 inc vat a bag :/. Slides around the hawk like nobodys business.
20130302_175450.jpg

Anyone know why the hole for this airbrick is so high up? usually the internal exit goes under the floor (like the one in the middle of the bay window which is slight obscured by the white bag)
20130302_175456.jpg

20130302_175505.jpg

Last edited:
that's the local "meat woman" she shows up on a Sunday with half a pig in a carrier bag.

Last edited:
i'll get a couple pics up as the room its all skimmed now.

I went with:

• Slurry mix of SBR/cement and sand * 2
• SBR/Cement * 1 (left this about a 3 days)
• Limelite renovating plaster, as rendering is not that easy for novices I had to go back and patch some areas)
• Limelite high impact finish.

It went ok however I found the Limelite renovating plaster hard to work compared to previous experiance with gypsum stuff so some areas were not perfectly flat and a little bumpy.

The high impact finish was ok to work with but nowhere near as forgiving as multi-finish. The finish really highlighted the fact that there are high and low spots. I was debating whether to get a pro in to give it a skim but to my amazement this finish sands really really well (and i've tried sanding multi before and it goes grainy straight away) so the walls now are looking "ok" to my eye, did take a couple hours though of hand sanding.

Before
skim_before.jpg

After

skim_after.jpg

looks like damp at the bottom of that chimney breast marra.....................send us another pic in 3 months when you sorted that bit out............................:RpS_thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.