5x4 living room ceiling over-board and skim

That’s a long days work on your own, £450 inc materials sounds fair to me, I’d try and tie it in with another job board 1 day and skim the next
How slow do you lot work lol. Tacking up 7 sheets of board and skimming it's a long day? If I could get that job every day of the week I'd be a happy man

That is the problem....

Destroying your body for less....

I price a job based on what it will take me to "want" to do it...

Exactly, imagine that.

Start off skimming rooms for 500

10 years later so it for 250 as you’re twice as fast

The mind boggles

Boggles

Exactly, imagine that.

Start off skimming rooms for 500

10 years later so it for 250 as you’re twice as fast

The mind boggles

Boggles
Ha I'm just genuinely shocked that's considered a tough days work. I'd of done that in a day 10 years ago. I'd be embarrassed going home after boarding one ceiling and coming back the next day to skim it

Still works fine on carpet. Thick dustsheets down and it rolls around fine on them. Use it all the time for anything more than a couple of boards

Had one years ago. Was boarding out a warehouse and was good. Just hate clutter now and setting things up taking it down etc. Would use on on big boarding jobs but not lil over board ceiling jobs

How slow do you lot work lol. Tacking up 7 sheets of board and skimming it's a long day? If I could get that job every day of the week I'd be a happy man
Go and collect the materials first off, get stuck in the morning rush, job could be 40 mins away it’s 10 before you know it and you’ve not even got set up.
Sheet up the carpet, curtains, telly anything still in the room
Set drills buckets all tools out
Load materials into the job it’s knocking on for dinner now
Board the ceiling, joists are at uneven centres, the rooms a mile out of square, existing plasterboard is sagging hence the re board
Light fitting breaks as you unscrew it
The list goes on, I allow for all these eventualities when quoting a job. If it goes to plan great iv made extra, if it’s a pig of a job, oh well iv allowed for it anyway.
No rushing no stress and a perfect job for the customer

Ha I'm just genuinely shocked that's considered a tough days work. I'd of done that in a day 10 years ago. I'd be embarrassed going home after boarding one ceiling and coming back the next day to skim it

I’m not saying it’s tough, but I consider doing that alone in a day more graft than just skimming a room.

I wouldn’t knock off after boarding. I’d tie it in with another job or arrange quoting that afternoon

Go and collect the materials first off, get stuck in the morning rush, job could be 40 mins away it’s 10 before you know it and you’ve not even got set up.
Board the ceiling, joists are at uneven centres, the rooms a mile out of square, existing plasterboard is sagging hence the re board
The list goes on, I allow for all these eventualities when quoting a job. If it goes to plan great iv made extra, if it’s a pig of a job, oh well iv allowed for it anyway.

He knows. 100% this

It's 500 squid .100 mats. Two easy days. No stress. If tried that on my own I'd have to take a week off to recover. :endesacuerdo:

Knocking on for dinner :risas2:. I get to every job at 8, if it's a drive I get materials day before. Sheet up and board in by 8:30.

It's a decent day's work or two very easy days, simples.

Out of interest Robbo, what would you charge?

It's a decent day's work or two very easy days, simples.

Out of interest Robbo, what would you charge?

I think he should walk the plank

4E51F9FD-B437-461B-A2E5-BB18E55D8E3F.jpeg

I would board it and skim it the same day... just not for £150....

Also had minimum charges of £180 labour only... so no matter what the job that was the minimum price