a quick poll

Dansouthcoast84

Private Member
you were asked by a company to do a supply fit job.

you send in the invoice.

hear nothing.

you contact.

nothing.

6 weeks later you tell them legal procedure will now start.

they answer. saying work was rubbish. the company they worked for got someone to finish off and they hadnt been payed so no chance of me getting paid.

would you expect.
1 to be contacted and rectify anything yourself.
or 2 fair enough dont pay us.

Your 1st point Dan. You should have been contacted to at least have everything explained and shown what he was unhappy with and given you the chance to correct it. Sounds like he's a shyster to me.

Your 1st point Dan. You should have been contacted to at least have everything explained and shown what he was unhappy with and given you the chance to correct it. Sounds like he's a shyster to me.
he says they werent happy
ive told him ive got photos of work and that not all areas done as its a plant wherehouse and 1mwide ducts being placed on wall at same time. told him from begining cant get to all areas due to the ducting at 4m high. told him we have the right to rectify any works before deduction and he hasnt got any evidence of the site.

he hasnt even visited site either. as its in pompey and hes from yorkshire.

cu nts

Sorry to hear this ..
I would of said number 1..how long has the money not been paid to date ?

[QUOTE="Dansouthcoast84, post: 967229, member: 8663"ter you tell them legal procedure will now start.

they answer. saying work was rubbish. the company they worked for got someone to finish off and they hadnt been payed so no chance of me getting paid.

would you expect.
or 2 fair enough dont pay us.[/QUOTE]

why not go and visit the place where this work was carried out, you can then see if the plastering was as you left it or what has been carried out.

ask the firm if they have paid your client from yorkshire and tell them of the problems that you have had to collect your payment and if you are not paid you will be taking out a charge on their property.

run a credit check on you client from yorkshire make sure that he has some assets before you chase good money after bad.

my son goes on a web site that can show you the financial position of any ltd company in uk. i do tell my pals who have local plastering cos. that i can look at their accounts all day long if i want to!

That's not good mate, as above they must give you the chance to rectify if there's a problem.

[QUOTE="Dansouthcoast84, post: 967229, member: 8663"ter you tell them legal procedure will now start.

would you expect.
or 2 fair enough dont pay us.

why not go and visit the place where this work was carried out, you can then see if the plastering was as you left it or what has been carried out.

ask the firm if they have paid your client from yorkshire and tell them of the problems that you have had to collect your payment and if you are not paid you will be taking out a charge on their property.

run a credit check on you client from yorkshire make sure that he has some assets before you chase good money after bad.

my son goes on a web site that can show you the financial position of any ltd company in uk. i do tell my pals who have local plastering cos. that i can look at their accounts all day long if i want to![/QUOTE]

it was a unit mate for something i dont know. its all done and locked up. when my guy was there they said the likleyhood of this being used is very slim.

the contractor has got cash. its not 1000s he owes but i want him to pay 1 way or another

who.you got. and is it expensive?
If your claim is valid, he'll do it free as they will bang a massive invoice on the company who owes you the money.
He's a customer of mine, he's done it for me last December, in less than 12 hours money was on my account, but that was domestic not sure how quick things if it's corporate. I'll pm his contact

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Contractually he's has to notify you he's not happy in reasonable time to rectify any potential issues before getting someone else to sort any potential bad work out, he should have also give you a withholding notice seven days before payment was due stating the reason you were not going to be paid and if it's only a proportion of the work he's not happy with and not all of it he should have paid you for the rest of the amount and only withheld the amount he's not happy with until it's rectified, did you keep resending your invoice over to him on a weekly basis?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a quick poll

Hopefully you had a contract in place I hate people owing me a tenner feel for you it's not on this and hardly anyone we can turn to its a major problem in this game

Complete boloks Dan! More or less every one has been there done that. That's not the procedure in cases like this. Takes lots of emails, site visits,office meetings and agreements before you can say the job is not right and have to be rectified . For refusing payments , now that's deep waters and your customer has lost the case already. Do you have signed contract with them, or the whole agreement was mouth to mouth?

Complete boloks Dan! More or less every one has been there done that. That's not the procedure in cases like this. Takes lots of emails, site visits,office meetings and agreements before you can say the job is not right and have to be rectified . For refusing payments , now that's deep waters and your customer has lost the case already. Do you have signed contract with them, or the whole agreement was mouth to mouth?
agreement was over linkedin and text
dont get me wrong not alot of money.
500 plus vat.

but this is more princible. as you can see from.the pic them big metal ducts going up same time. how f**k can you reach between and over them on a tower

agreement was over linkedin and text
dont get me wrong not alot of money.
500 plus vat.

but this is more princible. as you can see from.the pic them big metal ducts going up same time. how f**k can you reach between and over them on a tower
If it was me, I will have my money n a week max. Have paid hefty price and know how all this s**t works. Long story short, he has no right to cut off payments without your knowledge and agreement. If is written is valid, doesn't matter if sms, linked, face or on a napkin. In my contract I have a clause for late payments- 20% per week. After I give them the solicitor speech , there s no resistance tbh:D

i wanna get a generic contract for jobs now. who has one and who made them up?
I have terms and conditions which I send out to customers with my costings that way it's up to them to disagree with the terms if there's no disagreement they don't even have to be signed I think a solicitor I was dealing with called it something like general acceptance, I only do domestic work now Ewi and renders with the occasional plastering job but they all get em with their quotes I email the quote and deliver a hard copy so if I don't get paid and it needs to go any further they can't blag anyone saying they never got em, unfortunately I've had to deal with a couple of scumbags as you can probably tell

I have terms and conditions which I send out to customers with my costings that way it's up to them to disagree with the terms if there's no disagreement they don't even have to be signed I think a solicitor I was dealing with called it something like general acceptance, I only do domestic work now Ewi and renders with the occasional plastering job but they all get em with their quotes I email the quote and deliver a hard copy so if I don't get paid and it needs to go any further they can't blag anyone saying they never got em, unfortunately I've had to deal with a couple of scumbags as you can probably tell

would u mind flashing your.terms mate?

If yo
u PM me your email

If you PM me your email i'll send you how we send ours. Its basically just a list of the things you need/expect from them and also what they can expect. Ours is nothing fancy just a word doc but always send it as a PDF