Accelerator

Members online

SpreadHead

I usually avoid rendering this time of year but weathers seems mild and customer accepts risk. So anybody give me tips or point me in the right direction with accelerators?

I have used Calcium chloride flakes before, will this work with Johnstones base coat ? what would you advise for the 1.5 enhanced silicone?

TIA

I usually avoid rendering this time of year but weathers seems mild and customer accepts risk. So anybody give me tips or point me in the right direction with accelerators?

I have used Calcium chloride flakes before, will this work with Johnstones base coat ? what would you advise for the 1.5 enhanced silicone?

TIA

We use the flakes on mono. I am always doubtful about them as that was the accelerant that was used in fast setting concrete in the 60s which caused the concrete cancer problems. I Have never bothered or needed to use an accelerant in base coat or silicone.

TIA

Ewi store did us an accelerator and said it skins over earlier and allows for frost or light rain that night.

Can't say whether it performed or not as rubbed up and f**k*d off, didn't hang around to test.....

Pretty sure it didn't rain till very late.

Looks good now anyway.

We've got a big bungalow basecoated and we won't be topping it until the spring.
Can't be doing with worrying about frosts or rain at this time of year.
I took the chance before Xmas with some silicone and it didn’t pay off. The fookin rain was relentless. Forecasts not worth a wank either so I had two wash offs. Even with an accelerator.
Just isn’t worth the risk in winter with our messed up climate. Mild yes, Dry, not a chance.

I took the chance before Xmas with some silicone and it didn’t pay off. The fookin rain was relentless. Forecasts not worth a wank either so I had two wash offs. Even with an accelerator.
Just isn’t worth the risk in winter with our messed up climate. Mild yes, Dry, not a chance.
Exactly what I want to avoid mate. Really feel for you.