Advice on speed skim

Members online

I'm from Leicester but my company covers the Midland ( Currently) so travelling isn't a problem for me at all.
That would be great if you wouldn't mind. More than happy to come see a demo, I think once I've seen how to use it properly in person I'd be ok. Ive seen one demo before but the guy used it late on to trowell up the wall. I was under the impression they are used as the flattener.
Sound I doing a house reskim mid march (should of been ready now tbh) it's an empty 5 bed manor all walls and ceilings we will skim , I worked with loads of different plasterers they all have/ use different trowels but for me as soon as gear is laid in I flatten and use to a finish with st and sf blade weather it's board or reskim in old property and sometimes use it on backing coats too (some peeps have an issue with that but I don't give a poop), I'll pm you as soon as the big job is confirmed... you can come up to it and have bash any day I'll be there for a few weeks

Get yourself a used blade, nicely worn in . Seen this one and even comes with a pole attachment
Advice on speed skim

I can't wait for the day this guy thinks about trying anal beads.......pmsl.....

It's just a plastic bladed Darby/rule......buy one, give it a go........then it's like marmite....

I love em......(but if I had thought about anal beads, which ones should I get ?):lol:

I can't wait for the day this guy thinks about trying anal beads.......pmsl.....

It's just a plastic bladed Darby/rule......buy one, give it a go........then it's like marmite....

I love em......(but if I had thought about anal beads, which ones should I get ?):lol:
Start off small about the size of a malteaser then gradually move up...you'll be up to the size of a grapefruit before you know it

Are you kidding us lol ? How to use it properly, FFS it's not rocket science
If I asked you to programme a kodi streaming box could you do it so It can stream any show from the Internet anytime.

Maybe not if you've had no experience with doing it, yet, it isn't rocket science.

I haven't done alot of skimming I understand it isn't rocket science but I would prefer to see it done before doing it myself. Just the way I work and learn best. I'm sorry if it offends you however like I said above I may be able to do things you can't. :) everyone is different.

You might be competent with a trowel and handboard but your questions and experience says different, enjoy your 2 minute demo with @Vincey it's the rest of the day you should worry about :)
Hence why I'm asking the questions. When it comes to skimming I have never been taught anything other than my time at college which is about finish more than quantity and getting my tops down when doing a meter high.

I'm not an experienced plasterer by any stretch most of my working week is spent without a trowell.

Don't get me wrong I understand some of the questions are "Immature" for use of a better word but I'd rather post them here and take the ridicule than ask those who I do know in plastering, I would expect to be asking more knowledgeable on here than the market trader that taught me.

Hence why I'm asking the questions. When it comes to skimming I have never been taught anything other than my time at college which is about finish more than quantity and getting my tops down when doing a meter high.

I'm not an experienced plasterer by any stretch most of my working week is spent without a trowell.

Don't get me wrong I understand some of the questions are "Immature" for use of a better word but I'd rather post them here and take the ridicule than ask those who I do know in plastering, I would expect to be asking more knowledgeable on here than the market trader that taught me.
Did he keep telling you that this time next year we will be millionaires............?

I agree I would say people have but those who others would view as rich majority of the time gain their riches through exploitation.

We live in a world where in business the main goal is profit. Whilst that is the main aim well always have people exploiting others.

I'm sure many would agree people with old mentalities, who take extra care with their work are rare to come by. Today's motto is get in get out and get paid. I cannot in all good conceousness agree to that.

I've had my speedskim for a while now, brilliant for initial flatten and they do get used but wouldn't say it make me faster, blue blade one I use but I cannot use it past initial flatten to a satisfactory standard.... wish I could though :(