Am I being paranoid?

Members online

No members online now.
Be aware its criminal damage if you go and pull the ceilings down...maybe not fair but even though she not paid for it you would still get done if she went that route
Yeah it will if I go that route but we shall see about that part

Id pull em down if it came to it(y) just better to be aware of where you stand first
I've never been in this position but wouldn't think twice, I would also be glad of the police and papers getting involved it would warn every other c**t :)

sometimes people need a little more time to make a payment, you have to let the dust settle you can not always to expect payment when the last trowel full hits the wall.
in any business you do need to have some money as a backup. some building contractors want 90 days credit.

sometimes people need a little more time to make a payment, you have to let the dust settle you can not always to expect payment when the last trowel full hits the wall.
in any business you do need to have some money as a backup. some building contractors want 90 days credit.
I disagree any domestic jobs should have the moneyas soon as your tools are in the van, if they know your finishing, it's not a charity and they agreed price so should have it, they would if they went shopping. Fair enough call back the next day if you know them but once your finished they should have it, I hate that gormless look as your stood looking at them and it's all finished, where is my f**k**g money ? Lol

I disagree any domestic jobs should have the moneyas soon as your tools are in the van, if they know your finishing, it's not a charity and they agreed price so should have it, they would if they went shopping. Fair enough call back the next day if you know them but once your finished they should have it, I hate that gormless look as your stood looking at them and it's all finished, where is my f**k**g money ? Lol

these ceilings are not a domestic work. he was sub contracting from this husband and wife team who had contracted the work.

we carry out domestic work for a range of clients, we do get paid straight away when the householder is present. other clients could be from far away rented property, holiday homes, we just email photos and a few days later the money is transferred into our account simple.

Might not be pulling a face they might just be looking back at you the same way you look at them

is the place carpeted?
Yup brand new
That's true but when your told it will be in the day of completion that's what you expect
Its different if they say terns are x amount of days

these ceilings are not a domestic work. he was sub contracting from this husband and wife team who had contracted the work.

we carry out domestic work for a range of clients, we do get paid straight away when the householder is present. other clients could be from far away rented property, holiday homes, we just email photos and a few days later the money is transferred into our account simple.
That might be true but at the time I was under the illusion she owned the house so technically I thought it was domestic
Commercial worl is always contracts

I do the same but to say it's acceptable to wait I disagree I hate financing dickhead pretend builders and it really bugs me when the jobs finished all this becomes clear.

Might not be pulling a face they might just be looking back at you the same way you look at them
Coming from someone who is constantly moving and working around furniture and also always worrying wether he will be payed and having problems your the last to comment on these types of threads.

That's correct ! Also you pay retention between 5-10% , which you get back about 6 months after completion, liability case.But that's not the case here I am afraid. He should get paid after job is done. It's not huge project with contractors and subcontractors and thousands of workers .

I'd burn the house down if she stung me for a tenner,don't matter if I had a 5er in bank or a million quid I done the job I want paying simple

Got a final update for you guys/girls.

I finally got paid the full amount.

But It took having to actually present the lady with her company name, her actual name and address and threaten some untoward behaviour to actually get paid.

It turned a bit sour yesterday evening and I think that it actually sunk in that she'd messed with the wrong people. (Without being all I'm Mr muscle and blowing trumpets).

She wouldn't answer my calls yesterday or reply to texts and it was all I'm busy I'll call you back when she did.

Well I got a call out the blue this morning whilst coincidently actually with the letting agent at a different property
She sounded like she was panicking and I got
The transfer was done at 3:30pm yesterday and should be in your bank now.

It turned up as a faster payment at 11am.
So definitely wasn't done yesterday!!

The cheeky b*****d then had the front to say now that's cleared up are you happy to do any other work for us if we pay half up front.

I was like is this woman serious I don't want to see you hear you are speak to you again let alone do any work for you

Glad you got your cash mate but it did seem all a bit extreme. With letting agent and homeowner involved you were always going to get it. If my cash isn't there but I'm told it's coming next few days then I just leave it for three/four days then enquier again. I just feel some people will think twice before using you again if you go over the top chasing money in. Just my option mate and I respect everyone's situations are different.

Glad you got your cash mate but it did seem all a bit extreme. With letting agent and homeowner involved you were always going to get it. If my cash isn't there but I'm told it's coming next few days then I just leave it for three/four days then enquier again. I just feel some people will think twice before using you again if you go over the top chasing money in. Just my option mate and I respect everyone's situations are different.
Very true mate
And to put it in a bit of context
I was lied to originally
I did not know the lady wasn't the owner she told me she was
She gave me a false name
I was told the money would be there day completed.
There is another trade who I have since found out could be a spread is in a small claims battle with said women

Had I have been told the truth even if it was money will be with you in x amount of days everything would have been cool and fine.

I've now got more work from the letting agency

The agency was also lied to as they were told work was completed 2 weeks before Christmas.

Oh and to top it off the actual women I did the work for is bankrupt

Obviously I was worried!
Don't care less if I don't see the woman again or the actually landlady as this crook has all the work from her houses so is either a dumb f**k or stupid

I have some regular work for a couple of different companies whose agreed terms are 7 days and 30 days respectively and no problem at all.
The letting agents terms are again 30 days end of month. Which is no problem as I know where I stand and if not paid who I'm dealing with.
As opposed to a false name name and address and a bankrupt lady whose got more front than blackpool