Andyg back

Members online

I honestly believe someone with the right attitude , can leave school with zero education and within two weeks would be capable of 25 m a day , site , board , passable , enough candy to start a career of big dreams , there's always money in muck
Disagree mate, its about having the hands and the eye for it , I'v tried to train a few friends, without success. Or maybe im just a s**t teacher !

They don't lift anything it's all pallet truck ect it would be a health and safety nightmare in that sector! Everything is machine nowadays the only physical interaction would be from pallet truck to shelf! You see um all in Asda I don't see anyone breaking a sweat! Why would they for minimum wage
Because they are unfortunate and therefore have no choice in the matter.

Attachments

• FAF14E56-EF2F-466B-9593-C25DB0D6A02A.jpeg
    FAF14E56-EF2F-466B-9593-C25DB0D6A02A.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 148
There has been a few on here who say you might as well work stacking shelves at that price but recently talked to an employee of Home Bargains. They have targets to meet in how many crates they have to empty and stack. Those assistants work continually and probably harder than a lot of site labourers. I notice most of the shelf stackers are late teens and twenties with the older ones on the tills. So stacking shelves isnt as easy as a lot of people think. Most of us would probably quit within a week.
Wise words Rigsby

Disagree mate, its about having the hands and the eye for it , I'v tried to train a few friends, without success. Or maybe im just a s**t teacher !

That’s not agreeing you’re a s**t teacher btw! :D

Some people are just more naturally adept at practical skills, but if someone has never used tools and has a go it’s even harder to teach as the foundation isn’t there.

Regards teaching though, some people respond better to being shown, some being told and some hands on or a combination of the 3.

Always worth bearing in mind if you feel like banging your head against a wall.

this is what I do mix up 1st coat then 2sc coat leave for 10min then big flat brush on walls and trowel at the same time ?this is flating the skim and making the growling easyer

I find it too easy andy.
it's just getting a system that's suits you.

I honestly believe someone with the right attitude , can leave school with zero education and within two weeks would be capable of 25 m a day , site , board , passable , enough candy to start a career of big dreams , there's always money in muck
mmmmmmmm? see where your coming from

coat mt
flatten mt.
water medi flex
cross trowel medi water
dry cross medi....

I've got fed up explaining on here andy.
it's all about timings.
I can only say so much.

hit too early it's wrong
too late it's wrong
wrong pressure etc it's wrong.

timings is all it is (y)
wow u no what f**k it mate it's all b*ll***s I well stick to to my big flat brush and trowel

coat mt
flatten mt.
water medi flex
cross trowel medi water
dry cross medi....

I've got fed up explaining on here andy.
it's all about timings.
I can only say so much.

hit too early it's wrong
too late it's wrong
wrong pressure etc it's wrong.

timings is all it is (y)
Thats why its difficult to teach, it is all timing, which takes experiance.