arrest update, be careful

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

hector

so, back in January I posted a thread titled got arrested today, this is what happened next,..... 2 weeks ago I finally heard from the police and I was charged with common assault,.... in court this morning 10.00am, got a fine of 185.00 including court costs of 75.00, pleaded guilty, the court believed me that I did not assault him, .... and I was fined but no community service,...... this has been a great strain on me these past few weeks ,thought about it every day, worried if it would go to crown court etc, never been in this position before, ....so in all seriousness fellow spreads be very careful out there when dealing with difficult customers, we have all had them, remember I just grabbed him by his jacket, I did not hit him, it would have been much worse for me if I had hit him,.... taking rest of day off now cup of tea , very very relieved its over, but think about this next time you come across someone difficult and sooner or later we all do , be very carefull.

why did you plead guilty if you did not assault him ?
you need to have a bit of a fight in court to, you made it very easy for them to take your money. you should have told the court that you are now on the sick because of the stress, can not work and have not got any money! plus you are going to sue your customer in the civil court as he made these accusations to avoid payment.

why did you plead guilty if you did not assault him ?
you need to have a bit of a fight in court to, you made it very easy for them to take your money. you should have told the court that you are now on the sick because of the stress, can not work and have not got any money! plus you are going to sue your customer in the civil court as he made these accusations to avoid payment.
pleaded guilty right at the start of the case malc, as I wanted this over and done with today, but I did have the oppourtunity to speak in court and I did say to the magistrate I grabbed him but did not not hit him, I also said the police officer at the time should have called a doctor to check for injuries and do a dna test , the police officer did neither, believe me I got my point over today and what my version of events were, no I did not think I made it easy for him to take my money, the outcome could have been a lot worse, crown court/community service/larger fine,.... also by pleading guilty right at the start this went in my favour and indeed the fine I got today was right at the bottom scale, bottom line is I have been under a lot of strain and worry with this , its now over behind me now and I can move on ,

pleaded guilty right at the start of the case malc, as I wanted this over and done with today, but I did have the oppourtunity to speak in court and I did say to the magistrate I grabbed him but did not not hit him, I also said the police officer at the time should have called a doctor to check for injuries and do a dna test , the police officer did neither, believe me I got my point over today and what my version of events were, no I did not think I made it easy for him to take my money, the outcome could have been a lot worse, crown court/community service/larger fine,.... also by pleading guilty right at the start this went in my favour and indeed the fine I got today was right at the bottom scale, bottom line is I have been under a lot of strain and worry with this , its now over behind me now and I can move on ,

your happy hector that is the main thing.
i do not worry about anything, but my wife is a worry guts, i often tell her "think about all the nice worry gutting you can do about that"

told you it woul;d be ok mate.. dont get how you pleaded guilty, and got fined.. but the court believed you, that you didnt assault him ??

told you it woul;d be ok mate.. dont get how you pleaded guilty, and got fined.. but the court believed you, that you didnt assault him ??
I just wanted it sorted today cassie, and not drag on any more, I knew I would get something, but he was also trying to get compensation but the magistrate said no just relieved its over, thanks

Assault is a grey area, once you lay hands on someone or they feel threatened its assault whether in person or by phone,
They took me to court for assault when I had two police as witnesses saying I was helping them whilst under attack ,the law is funny ,once you're in the system been accused or charged a whole set of things are set in motion,it's hassle and its stress and its time consuming and expensive,
My pal got a not guilty a few months back ,the had the wrong guy ,it still cost over £20k in solicitor and barrister fees, it's an expensive carousel that's hard to get off .glad it's over for you now.

Put it behind you now hector. Seems ludicrous to me. Wonder if Clarkson will get the same treatment as yourself?
good point jurek, personally cant stand Clarkson or the programme, but anyhooooooo it will be intresting to see what he gets

Assault is a grey area, once you lay hands on someone or they feel threatened its assault whether in person or by phone,
They took me to court for assault when I had two police as witnesses saying I was helping them whilst under attack ,the law is funny ,once you're in the system been accused or charged a whole set of things are set in motion,it's hassle and its stress and its time consuming and expensive,
My pal got a not guilty a few months back ,the had the wrong guy ,it still cost over £20k in solicitor and barrister fees, it's an expensive carousel that's hard to get off .glad it's over for you now.
yes good comment john, personally I found the stress and worry of where would it end was my worst moments, headaches/bad nights sleeps/just thinking about it on a day to day basis all takes its toll,and to be honest the sheer disbelief that somebody could be charged with assault for this offence, as mentioned I never even hit him,...... but alas I am also a worrier

Hmmm........ I understand your 'peace of mind' stance, but fook that. If I had a good name to keep I'd have fought this money grubbing t**t to the point of imprisonment :buitre:
to a certain extent I can see where you are coming from bubbles, but honestly took its toll with me this, will be ready for my pint of real ale on Saturday afternoon, worry to much that's my problem, other plasterers I know honestly they think like yourself, ......nothing bothers them ,best way I suppose

Yes,I know lots of very tough guys ,guys brought to their knees with the courts rightly or wrongly,the innocent until proven guilty is a farce,your loved ones are upset also,the stress permeates throughout your household. That's why lots of guys gave up door work, some people can get away with murders literally and others like you get third degree for a "grab"

you can start to enjoy life again, after the last few months ----i sure Danny will see you right for a few pints :LOL::bananas::lol:

to a certain extent I can see where you are coming from bubbles, but honestly took its toll with me this, will be ready for my pint of real ale on Saturday afternoon, worry to much that's my problem, other plasterers I know honestly they think like yourself, ......nothing bothers them ,best way I suppose
On the contrary Hector, it would stress me to f**k, but the principle would have driven me to pursue this to the bitter end. One of my biggest faults is that I can't let things go, probably heading for a heart attack according to my missus but that's just the way I am.
Anyhow it's closure for you and that's all that matters in this case marra. Enjoy the Gilded Lily at the weekend :numberone:

No, that @thing doesn't work either. I was gonna PM Hector earlier but can't fkin find my message section.:baaa:

ha ha ha brilliant smoother

Glad your ordeal is over Hector, hopefully you know a few skallywags that you can give a fiver to and they can make that cnuts life a misery!!!

Had the same hassle as you a few years back, just missed out on jail time, apparently threatened family ( cnuts of highest order) with a golf club, got a £1000 fine, my mate got a £1000 fine AND 300 hours community service!!

If I could go back in time I would have wasted the cnuts big style. Once my kids are old enough though, who knows...

Glad to hear it's over hector and you can carry on as normal and forget about it,caught at the wrong time we all can lose our temper good or bad people,the fact it has been a stressful time for you the past few weeks just goes to show your a good person bud.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.