Bad news

John j

Mono Don
Had van robbed other night . Everything I owned in last 20 odd years since I started was in. ( blame builder if his job was ready stuff be on it) not bothered bout electrical stuff to be fair it's trowel and stuff I.m gonna miss .

Anyway new van time . Don't want another transit . Do any of you manage in a smaller van . And what swb vans do you get 8 x 4.s in

That's sickening mate, had same thing not long after I started on my own self employed. Cops no help just crime number for insurance ! But I found out who took it and sorted things out myself.

That’s s**t mate did they take everything the wankers,
Everything down to dust sheets . I.m left with a trowel that was in shed and a gorrila tub I was using in garden. Just been tool shop and stuff I saw what I had but had forgot about . And stuff that's now twice price . Luckily joiners taking me to one job others local so gonna drop gear of and go on bike

She gave me a bottle opener @algeeman . Cheap whisk to get me going . Leather tool belt so look proper cowboy @essexandy and finally got one of them hop ups . @Topspread16

Attachments

• Bad news
    20240907_091636.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 38
  • Bad news
    20240907_091641.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 38
  • Bad news
    20240907_091653.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 39
  • Bad news
    20240907_091841.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 37
Had van robbed other night . Everything I owned in last 20 odd years since I started was in. ( blame builder if his job was ready stuff be on it) not bothered bout electrical stuff to be fair it's trowel and stuff I.m gonna miss .

Anyway new van time . Don't want another transit . Do any of you manage in a smaller van . And what swb vans do you get 8 x 4.s in
Theiving bastards mate.
Have you had a look about for it? It might have been dumped local?

give me a politician that cracks down on tool theifs and they'll have my vote until the day I die.

Where about are you? I have some old Stabila levels and some other bits you can have

yes
Bolt the gate after the horse has shuted
Cams just give you the privilege of watching a recording of someone nicking your stuff
Agree . Could just see dark figures as it was pissing it down. Only people I.ve done on my cctv is peoplenletting there dog s**t on street
It was 11 pm and they f**k*d about till 11 30. Little f**k**s

Last edited:
Invest in a video doorbell and some extra cameras with motion activated lighting mate.

Good shout that mate. I've got x4 deadlocks on the van x1 van vault - van backed up against house - house lights up like a christmas tree with any movement - high def cameras with bright night LED - front/rear/side and wired alarm system and I take a holdall of main power tools in at night. Never leave machine in van.

yes
Bolt the gate after the horse has shuted
Cams just give you the privilege of watching a recording of someone nicking your stuff
Throughly disagree mate, you get alerted instantly when someone is trespassing on your property and at the very least they are a useful deterrent. Thieves will move on to the next place that’s easier pickings.

Throughly disagree mate, you get alerted instantly when someone is trespassing on your property and at the very least they are a useful deterrent. Thieves will move on to the next place that’s easier pickings.
Yes that is true I was just thinking of security cams only

fellow spread got his van window smashed, tools gone, but he did find a breitling watch left behind, to gavin happy 21st love mam and dad, now at some point mam and dad are going to ask where the watch is,
police informed, and story going in local paper this week, photos of watch/smashed window, etc

hopefully mam and dad see it, should weed the little scumbag out,

fellow spread got his van window smashed, tools gone, but he did find a breitling watch left behind, to gavin happy 21st love mam and dad, now at some point mam and dad are going to ask where the watch is,
police informed, and story going in local paper this week, photos of watch/smashed window, etc

hopefully mam and dad see it, should weed the little scumbag out,
Gavin will probably get his watch back as it was stolen. Should have kept it and changed his name to gavin. Oh what good it would be to be 21 again hector.

Sorry to hear that John.

Mine robbed last Friday. CCTV shows ridiculously well organised gang!

Sorry to hear that John.

Mine robbed last Friday. CCTV shows ridiculously well organised gang!
Cctv is useless. It's only a deterrent for the chancer.
These gangs don't care, their blatant, watch some of the kids nicking motorbikes in London, Broad daylight with people watching.
Spectators filming so they can put it on Facebook instead of getting together and chasing them off, crazy world!

Cctv is useless. It's only a deterrent for the chancer.
These gangs don't care, their blatant, watch some of the kids nicking motorbikes in London, Broad daylight with people watching.
Spectators filming so they can put it on Facebook instead of getting together and chasing them off, crazy world!

Exactly that mate. Flooring guy I know had his van broken into with a coach load of people parked next to it. Not one did anything.

Exactly that mate. Flooring guy I know had his van broken into with a coach load of people parked next to it. Not one did anything.
It's because the law deters us from helping now, by intervening it will probably end in contact and injuries, it's easier for the police to charge you and make money from a fine than charge some smack head that has sweet fa.
Police force in my opinion no 1 objective fining Joe public and making money then dealing with crime second.
Dealing with shoplifting and burglaries right down the pecking order.