Bathroom plasterboard

Members online

Tiled my Bathroom all walls 4 years ago onto board n all solid just sayin
Yes your right you could and no problems .......all the regulations changed last year and you cannot tile onto plasterboard or plywood and it does not matter if it’s a wet room or not.

Why did you not as this question on a Tiler’s forum they would have set you straight

Says he's used both in the past
For the dogs its hardi but can mount up the £'s , normal boards are fine DND on solid with lots of dots but on stud use hardi if the wall is likely to get bumped ie around shower and lower bath section their is a weight limit for skimmed of 30 odd kg / m2
Its 22 ish straight onto board , this is inc the Addy

For the dogs its hardi but can mount up the £'s , normal boards are fine DND on solid with lots of dots but on stud use hardi if the wall is likely to get bumped ie around shower and lower bath section their is a weight limit for skimmed of 30 odd kg / m2
Its 22 ish straight onto board , this is inc the Addy
Other way round , stronger without skim oops

Yes your right you could and no problems .......all the regulations changed last year and you cannot tile onto plasterboard or plywood and it does not matter if it’s a wet room or not.

Why did you not as this question on a Tiler’s forum they would have set you straight

You’re not meant to do bomb jumps in the swimming pool either.

But I still do

Get the builder on the phone and ask him 2 questions
1 doe's he do his ceiling joints on a joist or mid joists
2 does he thermal shock test his render
His reply will tell you all you need to know
Oh and I've got 2 bags of multi spare but delivery cost is quite high

I remember my dad using standard plasterboard and tiling straight over that himself in a rental he has in scouseland ten years ago and it’s still going strong. And he’s not trade just avid diy-er

Same here. And very rare builders use mr boards.
Tiler advised me not to tile on to skim . Said summer to do with weight on 2mm of plaster.
After doing my bathroom I.ll only do shower and round bath from now on . Think it's a waste of money and expensive to change when you get bored and they start looking grotty

If he is not a tiler he might not have the right tools to do the job, some tiles need a special sealer before grouting or the grouting will mark them some tiles need a special cutting disc etc or they will just break and make sure you order an extra 10% due to cuts ....seen one time tiler never ordered extra and went back to shop and they had run out of them and sometime the new stock comes back in a different colour ....,just like the multi bags

For clarity tile direct onto board NOT skim!

Normally plasterboard is absoloutley fine!

Everything else piss & wind!

You are really stressing about nothing. Any of the above mentioned will be fine. Moisture board is completely pointless in my opinion, it's going to be covered in a layer of tile adhesive and tiles, how much more moisture resistant do you want. You won't have any problems whatever you use

You are really stressing about nothing. Any of the above mentioned will be fine. Moisture board is completely pointless in my opinion, it's going to be covered in a layer of tile adhesive and tiles, how much more moisture resistant do you want. You won't have any problems whatever you use

What to use on the ceiling ?

All I would say there is not qualified tiler that would tile on plasterboard around a shower or bath ... closed

All I would say there is not qualified tiler that would tile on plasterboard around a shower or bath ... closed
That may be the case if they don't need the work , let's face it an improvement in BC recommendations and spec usually results in a lack of brain cells , nothing wrong with proper quality tradesman before regs changed sticking tiles on normal pb even skimmed