Beads

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only if there is a gap between board and bead,or if part of insulation is showing on a reveal that has been insulated with insulated board .

ill scrim if im beading old style wooden corners.or gaps between boards etc

Now then there is the million dollar question for me!!! How do you stop cracking on the wooden corners that you bead usually chimney breast walls? I have to tell the customer that unless they take the wooden corners out then its going to crack because i cannot guarantee it wont!:RpS_mad:
Whats the secret to it not cracking????????????? :RpS_thumbup:
Oh & I do scrim them beads!!!

Now then there is the million dollar question for me!!! How do you stop cracking on the wooden corners that you bead usually chimney breast walls? I have to tell the customer that unless they take the wooden corners out then its going to crack because i cannot guarantee it wont!:RpS_mad:
Whats the secret to it not cracking????????????? :RpS_thumbup:
Oh & I do scrim them beads!!!

Use papertape ovber the timber laths that form the arris of the breast,p v a the timber ,butter up with joint filler ,place on your wet tape,flatten down with trowel to push out any excess filler,put your bead over the original arris ensuring both ends of the papertape are covered and thats that,it wont crack

Nice one Spreads I will definately give that a go!!!
You learn something new every day..
I hope I will be able to help someone someday like that??
Cheers Spreads

Over 20 years in the game and never heard that one spreads. I'm definitely going to paper tape my wooden corners in future. Cheers for that!!

i always take the wooden beading out on reskims, then a bit of hardwall and the bead beds on there great, in the past i have had too many comebacks with them cracking all the time especially when they crank the heating on!!

Try the papertape Marky,save you from pulling the laths off and probably half the breast with it as they are normally nailed into timber wedges that have be built into the brickwork.

Use papertape ovber the timber laths that form the arris of the breast,p v a the timber ,butter up with joint filler ,place on your wet tape,flatten down with trowel to push out any excess filler,put your bead over the original arris ensuring both ends of the papertape are covered and thats that,it wont crack

Spreads you ought to enter that into the tips forum matey!! That is a top tip that.. Kinnda cant wait to try it now!!:RpS_laugh: Yeah I know sad!!

Your not nicking it Jay,its there for all to see ,go on put it up ,you have my permission ,so no one can say nothing

i m sorry but the paper tape way is NOT the way forward it may work but by eck waht along way to go about an easy thing.if your concerned use the skim beads with mesh wings they are wider so cover the joint of the wood corner you can for extra precaution run some scrim down both sides first.

i also always scrim stop beads in

Its not a long way at all ,and it works ,sorry you dont agree rockhard ,but your talking about floating beads,while I and everyone else is talking about skim beads.There was no mention of floating a chimney breast here, delighted we agree on scrimming the stop bead,and im presuming your not talking about 9 or 12mm

its a very fine mesh not like roughing beads and the wings are at least twice as wide as normal skim beads .
people on here who know how to do links shud be able to point you in right direction , they used to sell them in b+q but aint seen them in a while.

i think they may be known as thincoat beads i like them much more than normal skim beads

its a very fine mesh not like roughing beads and the wings are at least twice as wide as normal skim beads .
people on here who know how to do links shud be able to point you in right direction , they used to sell them in b+q but aint seen them in a while.

i think they may be known as thincoat beads i like them much more than normal skim beads
yea have mini mesh,but not with wide wings,25mm max,pity cause they could solve alot problems

I've used those minimesh beads from B&Q before & thought they were shite!! But I didn't know they did a wider version though?

Status
Not open for further replies.