Blocking doorway with stud wall before plastering

Members online

Anth1302

Hi all, very new to this and just purchased my first diy home project. I’m currently in the process of blocking up a few doorways to be plastered over and I’m after some advice.

I have built my stud frame within the existing doorframe and plasterboards roughly 2mm shy of the existing old doorframe. I have now read a few forums stating it’s not ideal to plaster over wood as it causes cracks.

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions I can do in this situation, please see the photo attached to get a better idea of the situation.

Attachments

• Blocking doorway with stud wall before plastering
    IMG_7207.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 49
Hi all, very new to this and just purchased my first diy home project. I’m currently in the process of blocking up a few doorways to be plastered over and I’m after some advice.

I have built my stud frame within the existing doorframe and plasterboards roughly 2mm shy of the existing old doorframe. I have now read a few forums stating it’s not ideal to plaster over wood as it causes cracks.

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions I can do in this situation, please see the photo attached to get a better idea of the situation.
Door frame has to come out otherwise you’re asking for trouble.

stupid the wizard of oz GIF

Reactions: 000
Dot and dab the complete wall, making sure the plasterboard spans the old door frame.

Reactions: 000