Brick outline showing through external render. Normal?

Members online

View attachment 33774
They are 15mm beads dabbed on so should be around 20mm there where it come trough. Job was done in February. They only showed up this month.

U can see the block where the 15mm stopbeads and Conner beads are. So there is around 20mm of render there as the beads are dab on. Look at the plinth u cant see them. There is around 8mm of render on the plinth. It's not to do with depth. It's a suction problem on the joints. U can see it in the photo.

U can see the block where the 15mm stopbeads and Conner beads are. So there is around 20mm of render there as the beads are dab on. Look at the plinth u cant see them. There is around 8mm of render on the plinth. It's not to do with depth. It's a suction problem on the joints. U can see it in the photo.

Is it meshed???

So what you saying pal ? Drying out on joints slower ?

Same as a diagonal scratch with weaker top coat , not to say clemo hasn't made an excellent diagnosis

Bear in mind I don't do none of your modern muck ,,, sharp cem lime for me , never 1 coat

Same as a diagonal scratch with weaker top coat , not to say clemo hasn't made an excellent diagnosis
The original pic shows blocks and joints so struggling with the joint issue causing the problem ! Would say heavey rain period and it’s drying out

Don’t think that’s a possibility
Water would travel along the contact between mesh and render at a different rate so the mesh would wick and so diffuse to some extent , slown down I can't type that fast lol

The original pic shows blocks and joints so struggling with the joint issue causing the problem ! Would say heavey rain period and it’s drying out
Agree to that I was interested in clemos point and asking zombie about his mesh comment , b,gger me your typing too quick lol I'm trying to catch up , have a spliff and slow down

I would say no dude the mesh is between coats couldn’t move the moisture or it would be seen and the render around it is much more porous so the water comes out

Agree to that I was interested in clemos point and asking zombie about his mesh comment , b,gger me your typing too quick lol I'm trying to catch up , have a spliff and slow down
Mesh makes no difference in this issue bud

Applying modern renders in one pass or coat is not a issue 15mm thickness not a problem
My render is usually 20/25/30 final thickness but different days ,2 coat top coat weaker and never got any problem like that , as you never know what someone else has done and how its a mystery always assumed render too thin or no waterproof

Educate me then , mesh between coats , sc I use metal modern you use polywhatever

I would say no dude the mesh is between coats couldn’t move the moisture or it would be seen and the render around it is much more porous so the water comes out
Can't do the blue tag

My render is usually 20/25/30 final thickness but different days ,2 coat top coat weaker and never got any problem like that , as you never know what someone else has done and how its a mystery always assumed render too thin or no waterproof
Your traditional render will normally be painted so can’t compare and will contain a waterproofer

Mesh is glass fibre ! It’s used for stress areas windows doors ect ! And it’s put on with the product your using on the job
That's what I assumed , but do you lay on a coat , trowel on mesh and straight on with more muck , metal I put on stress areas but in some cases the whole wall , more necessary on sunny side , its fixed with the odd screw or clout and first coat forced on top , scratch , then top coat another day

That's what I assumed , but do you lay on a coat , trowel on mesh and straight on with more muck , metal I put on stress areas but in some cases the whole wall , more necessary on sunny side , its fixed with the odd screw or clout and first coat forced on top , scratch , then top coat another day
First pass mesh around stress areas and then second pass is one method other ways available too ! Your welcome to the metal and traditional render mate

Stopped render full time 20 years ago lol , only do it occasionally and usually its for Tyrolean which is one coat , but the main reason is its cheap , do a lot of work for farmers , most of them don't even paint it ( plain render ) lol , don't get me wrong its pukka quality just my customer base , bit of a waste when they don't give a shxt but I enjoy it , weather conditions made me turn to internal as I work on my own ( use to mix me own, no lab )
If you skim a board taped joint , when dry wet up you see the tape because the mesh effects the moisture travelling , can't see it being any different for outside render slower or faster it'll still diffuse surely

Stopped render full time 20 years ago lol , only do it occasionally and usually its for Tyrolean which is one coat , but the main reason is its cheap , do a lot of work for farmers , most of them don't even paint it ( plain render ) lol , don't get me wrong its pukka quality just my customer base , bit of a waste when they don't give a shxt but I enjoy it , weather conditions made me turn to internal as I work on my own ( use to mix me own, no lab )
If you skim a board taped joint , when dry wet up you see the tape because the mesh effects the moisture travelling , can't see it being any different for outside render slower or faster it'll still diffuse surely

Ffs how do I do the blue tag , you'll have to scroll up and read