Brick outline showing through external render. Normal?

Members online

There is a scratch coat with mesh on top of it. Done over a week ago. U can see the joints are still damp even though the mesh.

U can see the block where the 15mm stopbeads and Conner beads are. So there is around 20mm of render there as the beads are dab on. Look at the plinth u cant see them. There is around 8mm of render on the plinth. It's not to do with depth. It's a suction problem on the joints. U can see it in the photo.
Totally agree and as well, say u have had a couple weeks rain and then a apply a gable that’s got wet mortar joints from the rain that will ghost in my opinion it’s got to be dry block and dry mortar joints for it not to ghost

Skim coat is very different to the render mate ! Internal / on to dry boards / tapes on joints / much thinner coat

Skim coat is very different to the render mate ! Internal / on to dry boards / tapes on joints / much thinner coat
Yes , the same principal though , just gave that as a more common example

Can’t understand why you think the mesh will help with the drying out process
Diffusion of ghost , ain't saying eradicate , more like spread out and less noticeable

On two threads now lol more like confusion

The photo shows our new build house, just 1 year after moving in.

It's covered in render (already coloured so no painting done on top).

Yesterday we noticed the block pattern showing through on a neighbours house (east and south facings), quickly checked our own and this is what we saw.

A 3rd house shows a small section like this, but not the whole wall.

Is this normal or should we be concerned?

Thanks
Good chance the cement hasn’t cured on the beds of the blocks/render applied to early will cause this as the moisture can’t get out depending on the render applied.if it’s a new build it would have been depth checked

Good chance the cement hasn’t cured on the beds of the blocks/render applied to early will cause this as the moisture can’t get out depending on the render applied.if it’s a new build it would have been depth checked
The op soon disappeared after posting , but I'm up for carrying on if you are, firstly did you read all of the replies

It was posted 04, members last visit 05 , how long do you think the mortar would take to cure?
Doesn’t matter if the render has been on a year if the render has been applied befor the cement is cured on the beds of the blockwork it will ghost through

Doesn’t matter if the render has been on a year if the render has been applied befor the cement is cured on the beds of the blockwork it will ghost through
How long would you think the mortar of a modern house would take to cure , I know they nock em up quick but I assume they put the roof on at least before the render ,
Poor mortar , over additives or over mixing leaving it over porous I can expect that ghosting is possible

The photo shows our new build house, just 1 year after moving in.

It's covered in render (already coloured so no painting done on top).

Yesterday we noticed the block pattern showing through on a neighbours house (east and south facings), quickly checked our own and this is what we saw.

A 3rd house shows a small section like this, but not the whole wall.

Is this normal or should we be concerned?

Thanks
looks like a 1 coat wonder to me

As the OP I somehow didn't get any notifications of new posts...thought the thread had died. Good to see some more info, even if I don't understand much of it ;) (I'm the house owner, not a plasterer)

It's Krend K1 apparently and we're still being told by the builder it's completely normal and nothing to worry about, and hence they are unwilling to investigate or offer any other solution. All "within specification and tolerances" allegedly Ugh.

Worst on the west and north faces of house and also appears in patches on the house opposite.

the Ghosting appeared some 14 months after the house was built and occupied, and has appeared a few times since.

Cheers :)

Thats got nothing to do with to much Feb in mix or anything like that, the bed joints and perps are bone dry, it's the blocks that have retention. not completely normal, it's a s**t job, render on to thin. Probably price to tight or main contractor a c**t and to tight.. scrape a bit back to block in a hidden area, bet it's no more than 10mm