British Gypsum Launches Revolutionary Finishing Products To Reduce Installation Times

Members online

British Gypsum is launching two innovative finishing products to revolutionise corner installation. Designed to increase durability and make fixing faster and easier, Gyproc AquaBead and Gyproc EasyFlex Pro support installers in completing projects faster, while greatly reducing call backs due to snagging.

Officially launching 1st September, Gyproc AquaBead is a new water-activated adhesive corner bead that makes achieving hard-wearing corners more straight-forward, reducing installation times by 35 per cent and saving a whole day in drying time. Gyproc EasyFlex Pro is a new, flexible and durable corner tape that provides perfect corners by fitting every angle.

http://www.plasterersnews.com/briti...finishing-products-reduce-installation-times/

Gyproc-AquaBead-1024x683.jpg

Can honestly say I've never had a call back due to a crack around a bead. More useless products from BG when they can't even get basic finishing plaster right. They say it saves time and only takes 15 seconds to fix the bead, but then you need to wait half an hour before coating?!

If it's for taping then anything other than what is out there just now would be a bonus. Internals and externals horrendous to do

For the aqua bead it only mentions plasterboard, can the be used on re skims aswell? would be good for old formed corners if its not to expensive as cant use nails on them and the plasters to hard for the stapler

The aqua bead is for taping on externals, quick spray of water on the back and push it on to the board and ready to fill in 20 seconds.

The Easy flex pro can be used by bedding it in plaster to give you a nice neat straight line instead of curving it on raked ceilings. It can also be used on internals that need straightening up on reskims.

Also used it on splayed externals, bit of messing about because it hasn't got a profile to skim up to on the arris but you can get a nice clean finish.

I seen a few pictures of them in action today and they look different for sure .. Didn't get chance to try out a roll I got but cut one up to see how they feel will post one up tomorrow on a fire place see how they go .. Does seem strange not to have a hard edge to skim into but when messing around today noticed they are surprisingly firm/solid to say they are paper with slight plastic centre line on the inside
WP_20160808_11_32_46_Pro.jpg

Didn't bed it in just example before you start

I'll be honest when I opened it up first thought so strange, obviously thincoat bead is metal for external but I can see it being good on angled internals but going to try external as well to see,there is 2 solid plastic strips down inside of middle with thin plastic (a couple of mm) in between them.
For tape joint looks solid , for plastering I'll see tomorrow

They are for taping they have been around for ever, your trying to fix something that is not broke, glad your not experimenting on my house.

Knauf was demonstrating a similar product and those on the kart in knauf day should remember... gives people options again and the first thing I thought was anything bigger than 3m now is not an issue with joins....

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Knauf was demonstrating a similar product and those on the kart in knauf day should remember... gives people options again and the first thing I thought was anything bigger than 3m now is not an issue with joins....

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Giving options for a problem that doesn't exist lol skim beads are simple to attach and work end of. I could think of plenty of things that need fixing or altering but wouldn't waste my time explaining. If someone makes something you don't need to use it coz they made it, fair enough if it's new try it but for f**k sake the trade seems to be going backwards sometimes rather than forwards.

Wood corner beads coming out soon but on a serious note I like that they are supposed to be more impact resistant as crazy that might sound also straightening and not getting hair line cracks on internal angles will come in handy to have a roll in van.

Wood corner beads coming out soon but on a serious note I like that they are supposed to be more impact resistant as crazy that might sound also straightening and not getting hair line cracks on internal angles will come in handy to have a roll in van.
Yes as crazy as that sounds lol it's bullshit how are they more impact resistant? Do you honestly think a piece of paper is going to stop a crack appearing in a corner? You seem to get a lot of cracks lol

Reactions: gps
Yes as crazy as that sounds lol it's bullshit how are they more impact resistant? Do you honestly think a piece of paper is going to stop a crack appearing in a corner? You seem to get a lot of cracks lol
Mate I ain't trying to win an argument about it just observations I am making/seeing , said earlier I was very sceptical myself when first seen it but you know me I always like to give every new product a chance to see if they can improve the quality or way I do my plastering, paper tape with the reinforcement of the plastic strips I would say yes maybe they are more impact resistant obviously I don't know yet but can see it maybe a better solution to the thincoat beads especially thin coat stop beads they always crack down the back ,you can't deny that.
Onwards and upwards I say :bananahappy:

Wish I and this forum was around in the 1940s or when ever it was that plasterboard became more popular, :lol: I can imagine all the old boys typing away saying these boards are s**t , they will never take off :birras:
Then along plops Pman with his blue plastic blade,lol
Even chuckling to myself now .
:inocente:

Mate I ain't trying to win an argument about it just observations I am making/seeing , said earlier I was very sceptical myself when first seen it but you know me I always like to give every new product a chance to see if they can improve the quality or way I do my plastering, paper tape with the reinforcement of the plastic strips I would say yes maybe they are more impact resistant obviously I don't know yet but can see it maybe a better solution to the thincoat beads especially thin coat stop beads they always crack down the back ,you can't deny that.
Onwards and upwards I say :bananahappy:
It ain't a argument just an observation lol plastic stronger than metal? Yeh can see where your coming from ;)